Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i've been buying 32 Special ammo when I go to Bass Pro Shop looking for powder and stuff. I'm up to five boxes now of 170 grain Core Lokt. Have any of y'all had any luck finding it is any quantity elsewhere? I stocked up on Hodgdon H4198 and on Blue Dot today. Now i need to get on with my reloading!

Ron

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
I found some here in Green Bay at 26.00 a Box. I bought one, but will go back for more. I plan on loading, but have not looked for Bullets yet as I just got the Gun.

DSCF4216.JPG

Reactions: Survivor99

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I found some here in Green Bay at 26.00 a Box. I bought one, but will go back for more. I plan on loading, but have not looked for Bullets yet as I just got the Gun.

View attachment 98726
$26.00 a box isn't bad,it's around $29.00 here in Pa. I see more and more of it here as time goes by,I know of at least 4 lgs that have it in stock at this point but you know PA we are the 35 Rem./32 Spl. state.....lol

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, thats the thing. Around here the 35 ammo is really hard to find. I haven't seen very much of the 32 anywhere. And it is about $29 a box when you actually find it. I just don't want to wait until season and then begin looking.....

Ron

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Well, thats the thing. Around here the 35 ammo is really hard to find. I haven't seen very much of the 32 anywhere. And it is about $29 a box when you actually find it. I just don't want to wait until season and then begin looking.....

Ron
Yeah,it doesn't hurt to pick up a box when you see it,come Sept./ Oct. here in Pa it will be gone.

·
Registered
8,266 Posts
It seems that the 32 special kills deer faster than a 30-30 in my eperiences. I have shot several with a 32 special and a 30-30 and it seems like the 32 does a wee better job. I have heard other people talking about how the 32 special is more deadilier than the 30-30. I guess it would have something to do with the diameter of the bullet. I realize dead is dead.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
It seems that the 32 special kills deer faster than a 30-30 in my eperiences. I have shot several with a 32 special and a 30-30 and it seems like the 32 does a wee better job. I have heard other people talking about how the 32 special is more deadilier than the 30-30. I guess it would have something to do with the diameter of the bullet. I realize dead is dead.
OHHHHHH BOY,
Now you just opened up a can of worms with them 30-30 guys
:alberteinstein:

·
Registered
10,159 Posts
We have a chain store in Wisconsin called Fleet Farm that I get most of my .32 WSP ammo from. I'm sure that's where Gordy is getting his from since he is also in Wisconsin. But yes, $26.00 a box there which is a pretty good price. I believe Bass Pro Shops has some .32 WSP ammo as well. The Gander Mountain near me has some of the Federal blue box ammo for the .32 WSP, but like everything else at Gander Mountain, it is high priced. I believe it's right at $37.99 per box. I try to avoid Gander Mountain as much as possible.

·
Super Moderator
8,054 Posts
the bass pro in Hampton Va has 20-30 boxes of 32 special on the shelf as of yesterday. I bought a couple of boxes yesterday so I could keep a good source of correct head stamp brass. I could always trade some 32 for other componants if anyone interested. Gosh I wish I could find some blue dot around here. I went to three shops yesterday from Richmond to hampton roads and NO pistol powder to be found. oh yeah the local bass pro also had 22 lr cci stingers but they wanted 6.99 for a box of 50!!!!!!!!!!! the 32 was 28.99 perr box but they have plenty of stock. I probably have 200 rounds of brass ready and some laser cast bullets to load as soon as I can get some time and a set of working micormeters. my set of Starret finally quit after 20 years of use and I bought a set of cheap micrometers yesterday ($35.00) and out of the box the thumb slide screw was stripped!!! so until I can get another working set of micrometers I cannot load!!!!!frustrating when you get equipment and it fails when you open the box. sorry for the rant

·
Super Moderator
25,170 Posts
OHHHHHH BOY,
Now you just opened up a can of worms with them 30-30 guys
:alberteinstein:
Who cares--those with 32 WSP and 35 Rem Marlins know the deal!

·
Registered
10,159 Posts
:tee::tee:since I have both i guess I could argue with myself on which is better!!!:tee::fight::
I have both as well, but I am more partial to the 32WSP :D

·
Super Moderator
8,054 Posts
I have only owned the 32 since January and it took me a few weeks to clean it up and get bubas name off the stock and forearm. I shot 100 rounds of corelokt through it since then and it seems very accurate and i love the feel and balance of the carbine. I am sure it will become the prefered caliber but I still love the 30-30. now that I have just finished the re-build for the 1895...................wow I am going to have a delimma on my hands soon..................:boxing: I guess during the hunting season I will take the 32 one day and the 45-70 the next, you know just to be fair. this is the kind of stuff that drives folks crazy!!!!!!! :trytofly:

·
Registered
10,159 Posts
I've got both also, but if bigger is better then the 45-70 trumps both of them. But no problem, I've got all of the aforementioned calibers plus 30-30. And I like em all!

Ron
My hands down favorite is my 444. Love that caliber, and I just love shooting it. It just plain works, and works very well. It did a number on the bison I shot this past January.

·
Super Moderator
25,170 Posts
I second the 444 Marlin--especially if one doesn't reload. My Hornady Superformance 265 grain 444s come out faster and with more energy than my son's Winchester Powermax 45-70 375 grain loads.

·
Super Moderator
25,170 Posts
I have only owned the 32 since January and it took me a few weeks to clean it up and get bubas name off the stock and forearm. I shot 100 rounds of corelokt through it since then and it seems very accurate and i love the feel and balance of the carbine. I am sure it will become the prefered caliber but I still love the 30-30. now that I have just finished the re-build for the 1895...................wow I am going to have a delimma on my hands soon..................:boxing: I guess during the hunting season I will take the 32 one day and the 45-70 the next, you know just to be fair. this is the kind of stuff that drives folks crazy!!!!!!! :trytofly:
I put my Marlins in a rotation during deer season. 35 Rem/308MX/32WSP/444 Marlin--get cycled through until I get a deer with one of 'em. That rifle gets taken out of rotation to let the others have a chance to be bloodied. Sorry 30-30 devotees but the 30-30 Marlins stay at the house during huntin' season!

Reactions: mrguvna and dhansen

·
Registered
11,867 Posts
Humm................. what to say about all that caliber talk. I'll just leave it at Fleet-Farm here in Minnesota has had enough 30-30. 32wspl and 35Rem on the shelves. But I agree don't wait till fall to stock up.

30-30%u0025252C32WSPL%252C35Rem+003.JPG April+4th+2014+snowstorm+017.JPG

·
Super Moderator
25,170 Posts
You are fortunate to find 30-30 locally--its been hard to get any the past year in my area. Thank goodness that I stocked up for my range shooting with my missus (she goes through a bit of 30-30 with her Henry lever rifle).

1 - 20 of 43 Posts