Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys i just bought myself another Remington 700 in .308 its the 700 Police one i got it to keep my 700 VTR company. Think i got the last one new in the UK but here's the thing. I got it from my local dealer well local 30 miles away he's the one i use all the time he's a top chap. Anyway me being me went on line to check up when it was made the 2 letters on the barrel which are (PH) work out to be june of 2014 the odd thing here is that i checked this rifle out 6 weeks before (end of april beginning of may)as i put a deposit down on it at the same time as i was waiting for my ticket to come back from the local police with a slot on it to buy this rifle. Ive checked some other sites and come up with the same date either that or it was made in june of 1987 (mmmmmm can't see that my self) am i missing something can anyone shine some light on this for me please.
cheers Alun

·
Registered
395 Posts
only thing I might wonder is if the rifle you seen when you starting the ball rolling wasn't a different one, and NOW< your just getting your's

the fact also that remingtom is having a huge recall on model 700's
could also maybe mean they found out that In April, they had issue'
s
and corrected them after April of this yr(2014), maybe they pre dated serial numbers??
or?? something of the like. to seperate the old one's with issue;s
as to the new one's they NOW have corrected??
I'm not a serial number facts buff, when I tend to buy a gun, its based on a lot of things, and unless its a classic or old,and I dig more into that area! as part of the selling or buying point!
I don't stay on top of the current numbers games on serial numbers, why's and how's!
so that's just a guess on my part, of what or why what happened! ??

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers mrbb i was looking at this site Remington Firearms Serial Numbers and if you look hard at it you'll see that the 2011 date is missing if you add it in you'll see that it would then put my rifle at june 2013 which then add's up as the HS stock that it came in has a hand written date inside the stock of 5/13.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks i have seen the recall my new 700p has the x40 trigger and not the xmp and the xmp trigger on my VTR I've swapped out for a Timney trigger kit as i didn't like the xmp one anyway.
cheers Alun

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.