Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone own one of these or know anything about them? I saw one for sale and I sure don't need another 22 but that never stopped me before. remington 34 1.jpg remington 34 2.jpg

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
The Remington 34 came out in 1932 and was built until '36 and then the new model 341 replaced it. The 34 is a very accurate rifle and has a very unique feeding mechanism. It has a lifter to raise the cartridge and gives it a straight push into the chamber with no damage to the bullet. They also made it with standard open sights and a peep model and a NRA model. The NRA is the higher priced ones but are rare to see them for sale. Mine was made in Jan. 1933 and it will shoot with my 513T peep sight rifles even though it is much lighter. It would be one of the last of my Rems. I would sell. Here is a picture of mine with the Lyman 55R peep and a Lyman 17A front. I paid $250 for mine 4 years ago and have no regrets at all. I would not sell mine for twice that amount as I rarely ever see one at the shows.

·
Premium Member
12,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bandit I was drawn to it because of the tube feed with the long barrel. The add on this one the person is asking $160.00 and of course I can't see the sights as the pictures are not that good but I don't think it has a peep. It is local so if I bite I will look it over before I buy it. How long is the barrel on these rifles?

·
Registered
22 Posts
My Remington 34 was made in 1935 and came from the factory with a 55R rear peep and a post and bead front sight. It is not an NRA Model, nor was it ever fitted with a rear barrel sight. The tube feed mechanism reminds me of the Winchester 1873 lifter and straight in feed of the cartridge. Might be the 73 was the inspiration for Mr. Loomis. Great rifle for any kind of shooting . Bob.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts