Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Here are a few reminders of the happenz...just to stir a bit of interest.....and memories.

The proper attire.

A good breakfast starts the day.

Some folks brought their own accommodations.

Dingers are ready. The fence is 50 yards.....next dinger (white plate) is 100 yards....then 150, 200, and 300 yards

A bit more difficult....the 380 yard dinger....it only 16 inches.

The 400 yard dingers, Big one is 32 X 46 inches (the entry level dinger).....the small ones are 16 and 12 a little more difficult? Not for SRF.:biggrin:

SRF at the reloading bench preparing for the day's shoot.

Anyone want to see more?

·
Premium Member
7,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

......a few more.

Mr. & Mrs. Shenandoah

The Rockridge demonstration....how it's done offhand on the 380 yard dinger. And that's about what the dinger looks like at that range.

The dinger paint crew returning. left to right...Rockridge, HDStreet, Ms JB, Ms Rockridge.

SRF making it happen at the Happenz.

Wet Dog explains a bullet to some of the gang. L. to r. are Rowdy, HDStreet, Srf, SgtDog (looking on), and Earl (guest).

Come join the fun for 2014

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I'm on the road headed for the Happenz IV one week from today! I'm totally jazzed!

·
Registered
860 Posts
Look's like a good time!! I haven't been here long, so may I ask where this is taking place!!?? It looks out west someplace, I'm guessing Idaho, (since that's where JD is from)!!

·
Premium Member
2,537 Posts
JB - Thanks for the memories. Truly sorry I cannot make this years event. I will be watching the postings though, and will try and match the events up with the shooters being pictured. Good luck to all and keep them on the metal. Shenandoah

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts

The 650.

We're going to try to get a no-need-to hike-out-into-the-sagebrush 800+ dinger up this year. I'm certain SgtDog's rope climb training is going to make it easier for him to drag me and the dinger up the mountain this year. With HDStreet, Rockridge, Mountain Hunter and whoever else we convince hauling up the frame and tools it'll be an adventure to remember. Well be counting on the Captain and JB for navigation and official placement approval again this year.

Slime and prime night looks like a go again. Already have more crab than I did last year and hoping today's haul will get me closer to the goal.

·
Premium Member
7,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Look's like a good time!! I haven't been here long, so may I ask where this is taking place!!?? It looks out west someplace, I'm guessing Idaho, (since that's where JD is from)!!
That's close, it's in North Central Washington. A few miles east of Tonasket and some 20 miles south of Canada.

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Looks like a great time. Maybe someday...

·
Premium Member
7,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)

Hey Steve,

One does not lose a grin at Happenz, in fact the grin is permanently affixed to the face for weeks following. Wind does have a Grin Remover snake oil formula that he sells for scalper prices. Personally, I think the Grin Remover is worthless (it didn't work for me) and he is just depending on the outrageous price to remove the grin.

·
Premium Member
17,012 Posts
Wind's Dinger Ringing Face Cream

Hey Steve,

One does not lose a grin at Happenz, in fact the grin is permanently affixed to the face for weeks following. Wind does have a Grin Remover snake oil formula that he sells for scalper prices. Personally, I think the Grin Remover is worthless (it didn't work for me) and he is just depending on the outrageous price to remove the grin.

Hey Jim,

One does not need travel all the way to the UPick, to have use for Wind's Dinger Ringing Face Cream! :biggrin:

Had a fun morning with the 38-55 (award yourself at least a dozen "enabler points"):biggrin:, when this pic was taken.:flute:

Pardon our "bad breath" distance range (about the best we can do here, the State frowns on the old "hilltop to hill top" rifle ranges, now a days):vollkommenauf: We sure have a lot of fun.:biggrin:

Later, Mark

Attachments

1 - 20 of 100 Posts