Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a AR15 & I didn`t want to put out $1000 or more for one. My buddy called & he found me a Rem. A15 VTR with a bull barrel, in like new condition (owner needed $$) for well under $1000. I will pick up the gun in 4 weeks when we get together. All the reviews I have read say it is a tack driver. Any of you have any experience with one??? Thanks 444

·
Premium Member
18,100 Posts
A friend has one and loves it. His likes the A-Max bullets over a stiff charge of Varget. I don't think he's killed anything with it yet, but he sauys shooting it off the bench is boring, it just puts shot after shot into dinky little groups. I think he understands that the biggest hindrance to one-hole groups is HIM. :p

·
Premium Member
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Papajohn, That is what I like to hear! My hunting buddies went to the machine gun shoot down in Ky., & are picking me up a 1000 rounds of good ammo. They are into the AR`s & will not be buying anything with steel cases. I an looking forward to picking it up & shooting it when we get together in 27 days. I will post the range results. 444

·
Premium Member
18,100 Posts
444nut said:
I am looking forward to picking it up & shooting it when we get together in 27 days. I will post the range results. 444
Looking forward to that, Glenn. Let us know what ammo they bring and how it shoots for ya! 8)

·
Premium Member
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Papajohn!!! Well I got to shoot my R15 223 this past weekend & all I can say is WHAT A BLAST!! It is a SHOOTER!!!! I put some Federal 55gr FMJs through it & at 100 yards you could cover the groups with a quarter. My buddy had a battle pack that I got from him & got the same results. I am going to get some 62gr ammo & try it next to see how it shoots. What a gun!! & I like the cammo color & the 18" barrel. 444 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
3,477 Posts
As if it's not accurate enough... your rifle will probably do even better with 62grn ammo!

...and photos are a must!

·
Premium Member
18,100 Posts
444nut said:
Hey Pappajohn!!! Well I got to shoot my R15 223 this past weekend & all I can say is WHAT A BLAST!! It is a SHOOTER!!!!
Have I ever mentioned how much I love a happy marriage between gun and ammo? Yeah, probably. It sure makes shooting more fun. 8)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts