Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read the sites about Remington stopping Marlin. One big point that is missed is Marlin is a BRAND name.What will probably happen is the brand will be sold, maybe overseas but likely to a small cnc/machine shop here where the the guns can be manfactured to high tolerances and yes sold at a higher price.This is what happend to Ithaca and they are doing well.-Locoman

·
Premium Member
2,248 Posts
That will just make the originals worth more money. I've seen pictures of the Ithaca's and they are nice looking but pricey. I guess I should buy some more older Marlins.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Where did you see/read this ? A little more "detailed information" would help!

·
Registered
136 Posts
A sad day. Another American manufacturer bites the dust. The tradition of machined blued steel and walnut fades some more.

John Stewart
Raynham, Massachusetts, USA

·
Registered
53 Posts
I hope that you are wrong but I am going out today to purchase another 336 or 95. I read the posting by JT and the sense that I got was that it was suspending production for the remainder of the year. From what I have seen I would not buy a new Marlin today

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Why dont we all kick in and buy it ourselves ;D Then we be Marlin..

I want to be the test shooter ;D

·
Registered
25,054 Posts
Internet rumors will run rampant until Rem / Freedom Group post on this..

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
The "Truth" is more likely that Remington may be ceasing production on a temporary basis of Marlin rifles until quality control issues are resolved. The manufactures do read the internet too.

Chocdog

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
That's what I think also.

·
Banned
2,593 Posts
I can't blame them for shutting down the lever operation. There are enough 336's and parts for our lifetime.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I blame them. They destroyed an American institution by trying to low-ball on the cost of labor. Was the company not profitable? I guess the gomers never heard about 1964!

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I had a wonderful dream last night....Feinberg and the other Cerberus morons on their knees going around Connecticut begging Marlin old timers to come back to work with a long term contract to start producing good guns again and them all coming back into the factory after cutting the chains off the doors with bolt cutters....then I woke up :-\

·
Premium Member
4,446 Posts
If you have not seen it yet here is what Marlin has posted on their FACEBOOK PAGE regarding the rumors - looks like a lot of garbage talk to me but we will see. There are people out there who say they have seen the letter from Freedom Group to gun distributors about shutting down operations:

Marlin Firearms
Thanks to all of our Marlin® fans and customers for your questions and comments. There seems to be some incorrect information floating around. Be assured, Marlin® is doing great and continues to produce lever-action, bolt-action and rimfire rifles daily. We are currently focusing our production efforts on specific product offerings to ensure efficiencies for the immediate future, based on demand for certain models.
Marlin Firearms
www.marlinfirearms.com
America's Favorite Riflemaker.

What the heck does that last sentence mean? "We are currently focusing our production efforts on specific product offerings to ensure efficiencies for the immediate future, based on demand for certain models."

GB45

·
Registered
5 Posts
Golfbuddy45 said:
If you have not seen it yet here is what Marlin has posted on their FACEBOOK PAGE regarding the rumors - looks like a lot of garbage talk to me but we will see. There are people out there who say they have seen the letter from Freedom Group to gun distributors about shutting down operations:

Marlin Firearms
Thanks to all of our Marlin® fans and customers for your questions and comments. There seems to be some incorrect information floating around. Be assured, Marlin® is doing great and continues to produce lever-action, bolt-action and rimfire rifles daily. We are currently focusing our production efforts on specific product offerings to ensure efficiencies for the immediate future, based on demand for certain models.
Marlin Firearms
www.marlinfirearms.com

What the heck does that last sentence mean? "We are currently focusing our production efforts on specific product offerings to ensure efficiencies for the immediate future, based on demand for certain models."

GB45
Hopefully it means they are still going, and are trying to shift production, at least temporarily, to models that are in high demand and backordered, like the 1894 in .357 magnum, which has been scarce lately, compared to the 44 magnum version.

·
Registered
61 Posts
My guess is FG has been using up all the Marlin lever gun part inventory, now that it's been depleted, Marlin lever gun production will cease. I do not expect Marlin to resume production of any of the Marlin lever guns.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I will not spend any more money on any company FG manages. I will not support any of their businesses. There are still some good American gun manufacturers left in this country, they will get my business.

Skook

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Sounds like they figured they better try crawling again before walking....start with one gun and get it right then expand the line again

·
Registered
250 Posts
Golfbuddy45 said:

Marlin Firearms
Marlin Firearms
www.marlinfirearms.com

GB45
More Marlins are following the 450M...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts