Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Remington 7600 in 35 Whelen that I did replace the fore-stock and the butt-stock with Black Plastic Rem 870 type of stocks. I took the butt-stock and filled it with epoxy around the holding tube. The rifle with the Woodstock shot fine but I wanted and all weather stock. Now if I take all the oil off of the gun and want to hunt in really cold weather nothing freezes or swells like wood does in rain and cold. I added about a pound and half with the epoxy as I wanted to tame it a little. Everyone wants lighter rifles but not me I don't like the kick and dislocated shoulders. I can buy 10rd magazines for the gun but I only have 5 round magazines. Balance seems good and I hope to hunt bear with it someday as soon as my shoulders heal up. Very accurate gun 3 shot 1 1/2" group a 100yds, so would be real good up to 300yds. My other black rifles are a Rock River AR15 and S&W MP-15.

fk

·
Super Moderator
7,283 Posts
The 7600 is a great rifle. I love my 7600 in 30-06 and my son loves his 760 in .308. They are both new to us and we can't wait to hunt with them this fall. My 30-06 was made in 2002 and appears to be unfired by the previous owner. The scope that came on the rifle was never sighted in and there was no copper fouling in the barrel. Post a pic of your rifle when you get a chance :tee:

Gun Firearm Trigger Shotgun Air gun
This is the 30-06

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Watchin' this one. I bought a 750 in '06 thinkin' I'd transform it into some kind of "tactical" hunting rifle, but the wood stock looks so nice I just left it alone.

Reactions: ballistics04

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Sounds like a great hunter for sure. The "black" rifles are certainly functional, but as I get older I enjoy beautiful wood even more. A pic or two of your new friend would be appreciated.

Reactions: ballistics04
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.