Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day all
Has been a big 6 months and some big changes. The cook finally cracked it and called my bluff and demanded that we move back to SE QLD. Was not keen on living in the big smoke so we agreed on Toowoomba.
We are all set up and settled (just in time for the upcoming rut) and 1 of the trade off's in my negotiations of settlement is that I will be doing a lot more hunting trips!!
If anyone is keen and planning any trips within 800km in any direction of Toowoomba (I don't mind driving days for a good hunt!!) let me know.
Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,220 Posts
The things we do to be able to do more hunting! Nice to hear from ya Russ. I am over the border on the way to the NSW Coast, not far from Lismore. Will certainly keep you posted if there is a hunting trip.
The NSW State Forests are open again for business, but I think available new licences may be a few months off.
Enjoy the winter in Toowoomba!

Reactions: Aussie Russ

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
I wish.... I've seen much of the world, but the one place I've always wanted to go has never been an option (since the Grain Corp deal fell through the work angle failed and the flights are pretty expensive from here for a vacation). Good hunting!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The things we do to be able to do more hunting! Nice to hear from ya Russ. I over over the border on the way to the NSW Coast, not far from Lismore. Will certainly keep you posted if there is a hunting trip.
The NSW State Forests are open again for business, but I think available new licences may be a few months off.
Enjoy the winter in Toowoomba!
Thanks mate. Would be keen for a trip down south. I am originally from Condobolin and I get back to family there every few years for a shoot with the boys. The little brother is down at Taylors Arm and his wife's family has land there. Will let you know when I tee something up down that way.
Cheers

Reactions: wags2477

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wish.... I've seen much of the world, but the one place I've always wanted to go has never been an option (since the Grain Corp deal fell through the work angle failed and the flights are pretty expensive from here for a vacation). Good hunting!
I'm hearing you mate. I work for Savanna Energy so I am hoping to get a work trip over to Canada and down to Texas. Fingers crossed that those work perks come off soon. :biggrin:
Cheers

Reactions: Grunt69

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
Good to hear from you Russ. Twmba is a good town and the elevation makes the climate a bit kinder too, but I see you got a good storm and a bit of flooding on the weekend just gone.

Good luck with it all.

Mark.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Russ, Glad you could make it to the south of the great state of Qld. I work in St George and Roma but live just outside Millmerran (110km away) and frequent Toowoomba often. Might be able to meet up some day.

Once again Welcome.

Dave

·
Registered
156 Posts
Toowoomba is a nice town, have some freinds that live out in cambooya that I worked for during 2012 wheat harvest never got to meet up with wags for a beer though.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Russ, Glad you could make it to the south of the great state of Qld. I work in St George and Roma but live just outside Millmerran (110km away) and frequent Toowoomba often. Might be able to meet up some day.

Once again Welcome.

Dave
Thanks Dave
There is no range here in Toowoomba so Millmerran, dalby or Crows Nest are the only options. Will have to organize a range day soon.
Cheers

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Taylors Arm, Russ there's a nice little village, the Famous "Pub with no Beer", I live in the Nambucca Valley, it's a beautiful spot.
Sure is mate. I was down there 2 weeks ago. My little brother got married at that iconic pub. Would have to be in my top 10 that I have been to in our great country. The little bro's In-laws have land from Valla Beach out to Taylor's Arm. Great land down that way!
Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,220 Posts
Toowoomba is a nice town, have some freinds that live out in cambooya that I worked for during 2012 wheat harvest never got to meet up with wags for a beer though.
Yeah I am all talk...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Lol wags I had to go home early was going to go back for last year but would have been the same thing short season due to drought, might think about giving it another whirl this year if the weather gods play ball over there with the crops.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.