Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a new 336 about a month ago, put some factory ammo through it, shot and cycled well.

Full length sized the brass, trimmed to length and seated bullets to proper COL.

The rounds slide into the magazine just fine, and the last round, the one that stays on the loading gate chambers fine.

The next round doesnt slide back onto the loading gate, you can see it through the loading window, and if you use a small screwdriver etc to reach in and nudge it, it will slide back and chamber fine but the next one in line gets hung up the same way.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
theres prpbably a hefty burr on the edge of the receiver behind the mag tube. if it was me id send it back to remington to make them take the burr off and then reblue the gun. for some reason remington thinks its our job to file off the burrs after the gun went through quality checks and was blued and shipped to you. if you dont want to send the gun out for weeks and you have the ability, i recomend doing it yourself. it will make you like the gun that much more and while you have it apart, you can see what else you dont like about the gun and fix those things too. you will appreciate the gun alot after its been slicked up and cleaned out by mattri for mattri. take off all the burrs, slap a little cold blueing on the spots where you broke edges and she should be good as new. (or better than new these days)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just to see, I bought a box of Win factory ammo today and the loads cycle fine.

If it were a burr, wouldn't it hang up the factory brass as well?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts