Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
If I just slowly move my lever to the open position the case may just kick out of the port or just lay there. This happens with my 25-20 (1895 dob) and my 2006 44 mag. Use a little more speed and it drops out and a smart rack and they go about 3 feet. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I just slowly move my lever to the open position the case may just kick out of the port or just lay there. This happens with my 25-20 (1895 dob) and my 2006 44 mag. Use a little more speed and it drops out and a smart rack and they go about 3 feet. I hope this helps.
Thanks Steve! I'll give 'er a try.

·
Registered
514 Posts
"I'm having issues with the bullet ejecting when reloading. I thought the bullet was supposed to eject, but I don't know much about this gun..."

i do believe the bullets are suppose to come out the end of the barrel. So you really need to dispose of that really dangerous rifle. Send it to me for proper disposal.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"I'm having issues with the bullet ejecting when reloading. I thought the bullet was supposed to eject, but I don't know much about this gun..."

i do believe the bullets are suppose to come out the end of the barrel. So you really need to dispose of that really dangerous rifle. Send it to me for proper disposal.
lol :congrats:

·
Premium Member
24,626 Posts
Have you tried a thourogh cleaning of the chamber?
sometimes that will solve the problem.
Also, are you cleaning those cases in a tumbler
before reloading them?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have you tried a thourogh cleaning of the chamber?
sometimes that will solve the problem.
Also, are you cleaning those cases in a tumbler
before reloading them?
I just got it cleaned by the gunsmith not more than a month ago. I've fired it 20 rounds since then.

I'm not sure that the lever is pushing the mechanism back far enough. There seems to be some "play" with the receiver I believe.

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
The ejector spring may have sprung. When I first tore my old girl down, the ejector fell out in two pieces. I went here and bought two (just in case). No problems since then.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Just a thought: if the gun worked well before you had it cleaned by your gunsmith, and it's now malfunctioning...I'd check with him to see if he reassembled it properly... Rod

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
It could very well be the gunsmith forgot to re-install the ejector.......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts