Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone here give me the names of a few good reloading manual's.That have some of the older calibers like the 307,356,375 and the 32 win. special??
Thanks

·
Registered
154 Posts
dd444 -

Since none of the new manuals will have new data for these cartridges, other than web data, you might look at some older manuals (read: cheap) via eBay etc.

Best manual(s) for 307:
using hodgdon powders - #25 less than $10 on eBay
cast bullets: RCBS #1 $3/5 on eBay
jacketed bullets: Speer #11 $5 on eBay
Handloaders #122 & #208

for 356:
Hodgdon #26 or #27
cast: RCBS #1
jacketed bullets: Speer #12 or #13 (same data)
Handloader #150

for 375:
Hodgdon #25
Hornady #5
Lyman #47 (jacketed and lead bullet loads)
Handloader #101

for the 32ws:
Hornady #2
Lyman #43 (for lead, some jacketed)
Lyman #44 & #45 (same data) for both
Speer #11,12,13 (all same data)
Handloader #38 (for lead) #74 (jacketed)

hope that helps... and do shoot straight,
greg
www.gmdr.com

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
Go to gmushial's post, go to the website and order RCBSload on CD, I know greg doesn't push it on here but it has twenty-one manuals on it. 11 are available off the bat and you can purchase keys to open the others. The disk was $99 I think and 10-11 per additional manuel. It draws the cartridges, has all the velocity and other programs. Can't go wrong in my opinion. Really happy with mine.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Ken Water's "Pet Loads" and a copy of Lee #2 oughta set you right up. "Pet Loads" is not just data, but a detailed handloading report on on every cartridge covered. Gives you lots of info that normal loading manuals don't have in them and has good coverage of much older and odder stuff than you mention.

I have considered the RCBS disk that has been mentioned, but I flatly refuse to do business with an outfit that has the unmitigated effrontry to to lock up part of a product it sells me and charge me extra if I want to use something I have already bought.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help guys, :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts