Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Lots of distractions in completing this, but here it is. Wieghs about 600lbs and is attached to 2 wall studs. Most solid bench I've ever had to work with.

Also included a picture of a second bench that will be for general purposes. It's sits nice and flat, and I'll dab a cup of Quikrete under each pedestal to hold it solid, as it will sit off to the side, but away from the wall so I can access the bench from either side.

ReloadingBenchFinished001.jpg ReloadingBenchFinished002.jpg ReloadingBenchFinished003.jpg

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
Fine lookin bench MM336! And, "Made in Montana":congrats:

Reactions: Magnum6

·
Registered
17,067 Posts
When the tornado whips through your area,just get under the loading bench and you'll be safe. Heavy duty.
Great looking,nice work.

Rob

Reactions: Magnum6

·
Banned
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When the tornado whips through your area,just get under the loading bench and you'll be safe. Heavy duty.
Great looking,nice work.

Rob
No kidding. After a natural disaster hits the area, this will be the only remaining item of value. For sure, this is Built to Last!!!

·
Premium Member
15,449 Posts
very nice

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
That's Sweet! Looks Great and built to stand the test of time.....

Thanks for sharing.
BloodGroove4570

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Very nice!

·
Banned
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That is just cool. You are quite the craftsman. Mark.
Thanks, but my neighbor friend does get much of the credit. This area is abundant with easily accessible wood, and it does bring out the creative side. It is amazing what you can do with a chainsaw, and a big saw makes big ideas become big projects.

·
Registered
126 Posts
:congrats:That is just the best workbench I've ever seen. All mine have been 2X4 or 4X4 or steel pipe or angle iron or. you get the idea. Take a break Sir, you've earned it.

·
Premium Member
9,845 Posts
Very nicely done (and it is HECK for stout for sure:biggrin:) John

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Nice work, would fit right in my living room.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Lots of distractions in completing this, but here it is. Wieghs about 600lbs and is attached to 2 wall studs. Most solid bench I've ever had to work with.

Also included a picture of a second bench that will be for general purposes. It's sits nice and flat, and I'll dab a cup of Quikrete under each pedestal to hold it solid, as it will sit off to the side, but away from the wall so I can access the bench from either side.

View attachment 104072 View attachment 104073 View attachment 104074
Nice work! :congrats::top:

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
And all I use is an old government steel desk and shelves I built from pine........not pretty but does work.

Reactions: SgtDog0311
1 - 20 of 28 Posts