Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I'm reloading 325 grain gummies and was wondering if there are other 325's out there I could use as well.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Was hoping for a cheaper alternative to gummies so I could practice alot more. Unfortunately, I haven't found anything. Was hoping to take my sweetheart load and use it for practice and hunting... Oh well, that just means I'll have to experiment with the 300 rems till I can get them to fly about the same. Darn... I'll just have to go to the range more often... ::)

Keith

·
Registered
32,306 Posts
Not sure what you are looking for, is it only 325grs or any bullet that is slightly heavier? If you don't cast all the major bullet makers are pretty good, but my favourite non cast is the Hornady 350gr flat nose. It has been a great game getter as well as extremely accurate.
Hope this helps.

·
Super Moderator
9,322 Posts
Hey 4570NUT,

Are you using a typical bullet seating die or the Hornady with FTX nose? I've read that you should get the Hornay die and the replacement stem for the gummy tips. I have some 325's but haven't loaded them yet. Just curious if there is any real difference.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey there,

I have only reloaded hollow points, soft points, lead bullets, or flat points. I haven't loaded the gummies yet. I did just get some in from Midway earlier this week, so I'm curious how those loads turn out.

I have been looking for a set of hornady dies for the ftx loads. Midway is out of them and gunbroker has some for $40, but midway is only $34. So, I'll wait for midway to get them in and order a set.

I shot some factory ftx loads yesterday and they shot very good. I wanted to find a 325 that would be as accurate and not cost as much. Thus the question about the 325's.

Well, I hope this helps.

Thanks and take care.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts