Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Reload Cost Calculator

4K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  mrenfro 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

Some time ago I thought it would be handy to have a cost calculator that would give me the cost per round on reloads I was doing. It is an Excel spreadsheet that allows you to input brass, bullets, powders, and primers along with the costs for each. After you have your materials entered you can put together different loads using the materials you have entered and the spreadsheet will calculate the cost per round and a cost per round assuming 3 reloads.

I have attached the spreadsheet as a zipped file, but if you send me a private message with this thread title I would be happy to e-mail it to anyone who might be interested.

You will need Microsoft Excel or other application that reads .xls files to use this.

It is just a free tool for you to try and let me know if you have ideas for improving it.

Thanks,

Attachments

#3 ·
Hmm... I just tested it and it worked for me. I did notice it is actually an .xlsx file. I will edit the post and add an .xls version in case that is the issue.

#6 ·
Very interesting.... but I get alot more then 3 reloads from my brass

Doc

Reactions: mrenfro
#7 ·
Yeah, I was thinking about adding a setting to allow you to choose the number of reloads you would expect to use your brass. Right now you would need to edit the formula on those cells to have a different divisor on the first term in the formula which is the brass cost.

#10 ·
I did not download but did run those two. Interesting. I'm not computer savy enough to use them but did make an observation.

Prices.

That's my observation. Seems to me your component prices are lower than what things would cost today and then you add in shipping and/or tax.

Bet some find it real useful.

#12 ·
The prices in the download are just there for examples. You can change them to current prices. Also, there are links to the web in the spreadsheet to allow you to quickly get up to date pricing.

MR

#11 ·
And thats why I am glad I got my primers, powders and brass over a year ago!!! And pouring my own boolits makes it nice on the old wallet.

Doc

Reactions: msharley
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.