Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at a gun show a while back & ran across a 336 in .375 Win. This gun had never been fired. It still had the warning label stuck to the forearm. There was a small scratch on the stock.

Asking price was $595. I must have gone back 4 times to look at it. I never held it in my arms. I knew if I did, the green was gonna fly out of my wallet.

It's been 3 weeks and I can't get it out of my mind! It was like love at first sight! But being the bashfull feller that I am, I didn't try to "pick her up and take her home"!

I think I'm in love.

It's 3 months untill the next show.

Gosh, I hope it's still there...................

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
I try not get those regrets anymore :lol: :lol: I just worry how I'm gonna sneak in into the house :wink:

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
I often times head out of the house with a empty gun case...not always empty when it comes back home :wink:

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
I keep an empty gun case in the truck year round. I guess i'm just lucky that all Marlins look alike to the better half. :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
145 Posts
Mine say's(Seen 1 Seen them all) there all the same so why do you have so many of the same guns?You don't have to feed them so maybe one day they will be worth something. That has worked for alot of year's. The problem is when I bring in a new safe. She spot's that DAM fast!!!!!!!!!!

SpikeMaster49 :D :) 8) :lol: :D :) 8) :lol: 8) :lol:

·
Registered
26 Posts
big medicine said:
I often times head out of the house with a empty gun case...not always empty when it comes back home :wink:
So what did you buy lately, BM?

·
Premium Member
18,033 Posts
If you don't want to buy guns, stay away from guns shows!

Wow, I just typed that with a straight face. You knew if you held her, that she would talk to you, purr in your ear, snuggle against your cheek, and seduce you on the spot...........So what's the problem? :?

PJ

·
Registered
8 Posts
336sc

I suppose that I'm just another lucky guy who got a 336 in .35 rem for Fathers Day. I had been looking for a used one for several months and came along this one as a result of a conversation with a co-worker. He had just bought a 336SC from a friend who needed some cash so he bought it as a favor. Since he had a 30-30 he sold it to me for $300.00. That included the Leoupold 1X4 Vari-X ll scope, etc. I suppose that the stock & barrel would be rated as 98% and the rifling at 99%. Given that the letter "P" is the first charccter of the serial number, I believe that it was manufactured in 1957.

I shot it today using Remmingtons and Winchesters and I'm pleased with the results. I have sone Hornady LEVERevolutions and a box of Buffalo Bore Heavy .35s on order.

I was wondering if anyone had any expierence with these rounds.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
In that kind of shape and with that scope, you made a heck of a Fathers Day deal! 8)

I haven't fired the new Hornady ammo in my 35 Rem. yet but I do have a box. No experience with the other.

I can tell you that my 35 Rem. with a Leupold 2-7X on it a couple of years ago did quite nicely on a small antelope doe and a forkhorn Mule Deer with Rem. factory 200 gr. ammo.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah, I thought that it was too good to be true when he described it to me since he let it slip that he had given his friend only $200 for the rig. I guess the seller thought it was a fair price since he bought it used 18 years ago and had only shot 15 rounds through it. More often than not it pays to be patient, to be in the right place at the right time and to have a great wife who knows that I can't shoot more than one rifle at a time but "authorized" the purchase nonetheless. I guess I'm blessed.

With that said, I'll say that I'm not too familiar with the .35 rem other than what everyone says about it and the 30-30s. I had a 30-30 about 25 years ago but that was sold and was subsquently replaced with a 25-06 and recently, a 6.5x55 SE. I wanted a lever action because...well just because.

Thank you for your response.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Over the years I've found I regret inaction. By that I mean I tend to dwell more on the things I could have or should have done. I should have bought that rifle; I should have asked that girl out to dinner, etc.

On the other hand I tend not to dwell on taking action. If I make a bad decision I can fix it later on down the road. If I bought a rifle I did not like I can always sell it. If I asked the girl out to dinner and it doesn’t work out there is always another girl. Action just doesn’t seem to stick around and hunt me like inaction does.

·
Registered
520 Posts
drice said:
Over the years I've found I regret inaction. By that I mean I tend to dwell more on the things I could have or should have done. I should have bought that rifle; I should have asked that girl out to dinner, etc.

On the other hand I tend not to dwell on taking action. If I make a bad decision I can fix it later on down the road. If I bought a rifle I did not like I can always sell it. If I asked the girl out to dinner and it doesn’t work out there is always another girl. Action just doesn’t seem to stick around and hunt me like inaction does.

EXCELLENT......WISDOM...... " inaction " ='s pouting.

·
Registered
22 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
duhhh.ever come home and find another MAN where you used to be?? What this old thing, she says....goose and gander stuff....<grin> be keerful....if'n ya find a different pair of slippers on yer side of the bed, or a shirt you didn't know ya had, or....ya gits the idee?? :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hog King,

One thing I've learned the hard way in my years of gun dealing and trading...

If you see something you want for a reasonable price, you'd better take it with you.

If you see something that is a real bargain and it passes your inspection, you'd better take it with you.

Chances are there are not any second chances.

Thanks,

Blowtorch

1 - 16 of 16 Posts