Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Marlin 336AS has hardwood (Birch?) stock and cross-bolt safety, correct?

When was this model introduced? Pretty recently as I recall so none of them can be too old, right?

Considering buying used from someone on another forum. Pictures look good but there are no close-ups. Fella wants $300 shipped and includes 5 boxes Win. 150 gr. ammo and Bushnell 3X9 mounted low over receiver.

Thanks for replies.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
You're starting out with 100$$, more or less, of scope and ammo. If you can make a deal for a 3 day return, that's not too bad. The hardwood stock 336s go on sale around here for 319$$, sans scope/ammo. Net deals worry me a little, but the price is not too bad. (lose the scope if you get it and get a good receiver sight)

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
I just priced one at Walmart this weekend. With a scope and sling $292.99 + tax

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
big medicine said:
I just priced one at Walmart this weekend. With a scope and sling $292.99 + tax
Is that the reg. price or a special? That's not bad, either.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tubby,

You always make sense. In this case, my interest it to have a scoped Marlin for load testing, etc. I have a 336A DL from 1952 with a Williams FP and 1/16" gold bead. I am getting to where I shoot it pretty well but a scope would really aid load development. The ADL is not drilled and tapped.

My other Marlin is a 1972 in 35 Rem. I have a WGRS and 3/32" bead on it. I am getting pretty frustrated with the load development/sight-in chores on that one. I was thinking of getting rid of the 35 Rem. and getting a scoped Marlin in 30-30.

Like I need any of these. I do my serious hunting with Rem. 700s in '06 and 35 Whelen and low-power (4x & 2.5x, respectively), fixed poer Leupold scopes. :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts