Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've got this Model 1936 1st variation that is in very good condition.
Really fun shooer. It's all original...except that I think someone has varnished the wood. It looks nice but I think I would like it more to the original.
Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Strip it with a chemical stripper, with as little sanding as possible, then refinish with something that looks more like oil finish used back then. I like Permalyn Sealer myself.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I really like CITRA-STRIP..it is fast but gentle and smells like oranges.. I think most harsware stores carry it..It comes in plastis jugs..As mm93 said, sand as little as possible,then whisker or BONE it and apply finish..My favorite is a boot/leather preservative called,,"OBENAUF'S"..It is a waxy substance that renews leather..I have many uses for it,,for example,stock finish,elbow rough softener,reloading case lube,,believe it or not,I resized 10 gauge all brass cases for reloading and nothing else made for such use would work..Tried it as a last hope and the darn stuff allowed me to size 26, 10 gauge all brass cases,without a wrinkle in any of them..I also use it on the metal parts of every gun I own..When I clean any tools for eBay,I wipe them down with the stuff for a really great look and NO CHANCE of rusting..There is NO end to it's uses..Darndest thing I ever fell into..contains,bees wax,and Propolis..Try it guys,you won't be sorry..modoc
Forgot to tell you where it is made;PECK IDAHO. www.obenaufs.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts