Marlin Firearms Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
I put Wild West Happy Triggers in my 3 Marlins 1894c , 1894FG & 1894S but after i installed a lighter main/hammer spring and didn't like they way the trigger with just the lightened spring felt now they all break at 1lb and pass all the banging tests

·
Registered
51 Posts
I missed this post and even so I am kind of late responding to it but if you haven't fixed your trigger to be safe with the bump test you could try putting a new full strength hammer spring. It could fix your problem. It could add enough tension to pass the bump test.
Thanks Jac, I fixed this issue with a new sear. Polished it a little and is safe and crisp at 2.5 lb.

·
Registered
M-94 .357 pre lock micro groove
114 Posts
Very interesting read. So I dug out my brand new fish scale that I bought to measure the resistance on my motorcycle head bearings but never used it. I hooked the trigger in the middle of the trigger and the hammer dropped at 2.5 lbs. this was a LNIB rifle and I am sure no one has messed with the trigger. It functions perfectly.

Ok so it’s been bugging me. Why does my factory fresh 94 from 1980 only have a 2.5lb pull. Well, after testing it with one of my wife’s 2lb dumbbell. The scale reads at least one pound light. So the factory pull is at least 3.5 lb maybe a touch over

41 - 43 of 43 Posts