Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all,

I have been wondering about putting one of these new Redfield Counterstrike Dual sights onto an old Savage Model 24 in 30-30/20 gauge.... I figured that for the short distances or at night i could use the Laser and in the day or out to 100 meters maybe use the red dot sight (my eyes are not as strong as they once were and i didnt really want to put a traditional scope on it as it would be in the way of the shotgun sighting if ya know what i mean.....)

Anyone here tried this or heard of something i could use as an alternative to the stock buckhorns ? :hmmmm:

·
Super Moderator
9,347 Posts
Not seen or tried one. Looks interesting. Could be useful. Since you mentioned substituting it for stock buckhorns it sounds like you might try it on a lever gun rather than the AR platform as the manufacturer advertises. One word of caution. I wouldn't want to get caught in the deer woods with it mounted on my Marlin in my state. Sights that cast a beam of light on any game is highly illegal in this neighborhood. Even if it isn't turned on when the possum cop introduces himself you are in big trouble.

Since you are a long way from my neighborhood it may be legal there. If it is for personal protection, etc. away from game areas it might be fine.

Reactions: plumbernater

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not seen or tried one. Looks interesting. Could be useful. Since you mentioned substituting it for stock buckhorns it sounds like you might try it on a lever gun rather than the AR platform as the manufacturer advertises. One word of caution. I wouldn't want to get caught in the deer woods with it mounted on my Marlin in my state. Sights that cast a beam of light on any game is highly illegal in this neighborhood. Even if it isn't turned on when the possum cop introduces himself you are in big trouble.

Since you are a long way from my neighborhood it may be legal there. If it is for personal protection, etc. away from game areas it might be fine.
Yeah, they are legal here. The savage 24 is a rifle/shotgun combo so I thought it may suit it better..

Reactions: BFPGW
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.