Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for opinions on red dot sights on 22 rimfire. I been thinking of using one on my 22lr.

One question I have , do you use the front sight with the red dot.

Those that have used them tell me how you liked or dislike.

jic

·
Premium Member
2,281 Posts
I like red dots, and have been using them on multiple guns lately, and liking them more and more..
I would deffinately stay away from the cheap chinese ones you see floating around, invest in a good one..
I have a burris fastfire on a 10/22, and a 60sb. very fun for fast aquisition plinking, I dont expect 1/4 inch groups with it, but great for killing cans.

I have tried large framed red dots on the 22's, but it kinda made them feel a little top heavy for my taste. Going with the pistol size /micro red dots , you practically dont even feel them on the rifle.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
T-Roy and Flatsneck, Thanks for your answers, they were most helpful.

I have been looking at the Bushnell TRS-25 it has 3 MOA and unlimited field of view.

It also gets high reviews.

jic

·
Registered
464 Posts
if it wasn't for the high price i would recomend a aimpoint micro H-1 2MOA, but for a 22 you won't need to spend so much!!

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
red dots are ok but they are a close range sight IMO. I mounted one on my AR and works fine at about 50-60 yards. Beyond 100 the dot covers the target and groups expand. They have their uses but for precise shooting a scope is superior.
I have the same red dot sight....

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I like Bushnell, as a general rule, especially now that ATK has acquired the company. Consider all, battery life, clairty how bulky the optic is and as T Roy said the size of the red dot.

Ss

1 - 6 of 6 Posts