Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this here because you could mount a red dot on a NEF Well I finally shot a round of trap with the red dot on my 870. Talk about sweet! Now I have not shot trap in several years and it took a while getting used to the way the birds flew. I did make some hits on the first 15 but I think I was hurring my shots and did not use the dot like I should have. Straight ones were easy I did not miss hardly any of those but the right and left flying birds took a while to remember how I used to shoot them. I will tell you after I remembered my leads ect it was a piece of cake with the red dot the last 8 of of 10 I shot were hits. Now that I know where to reference the dot to the bird it was really easy. You still have to know where to shoot for each bird, but that red dot out there made it easy after I got the hang out of it. It should work great for hunting. I was impressed that red dot made a good reference point and it was easy to track the bird with the dot. I am going out again next wed and shoot a couple of rounds. The guy I rode out to the trap club tonite wanted to try his new Beneli Nova and we only stayed for one round the next time we will shoot several rounds. It might not be for every body but I like it and after I got used to it I can hit with it also and thats what counts! Jim Oh I looked but did not see Kerry out there.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts