Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone used or know anything about the Red Bird brand of scope base. They can be had relatively cheap on eBay. I bought one but haven't mounted it on my 1895 GBL yet. When I get the gun I'll see how they fit.

·
Registered
959 Posts
HB.I did the same-I liked the idea of the multible mounting slots.I found the included screws are of a different thread pattern that don't match the receiver(read their disclaimer).The base it's self is a little narrower than the standard Weaver base and some of the Weaver rings fit loosely even when tightened (they have to be filed down to fit tight).Personally,I'd go with the Leupold 3 slot base-I did and haven't looked back!! Hope this helps.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the input. I've got the UTG rings and they fit nice and tight. The thread size that comes with the base bothers me. Maybe I'll just go out and get the Leupold base you recommend. The Leupold base is for the 336, is it the same for the 1895? I'm thinking yes but not sure.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Thanks for the input. I've got the UTG rings and they fit nice and tight. The thread size that comes with the base bothers me. Maybe I'll just go out and get the Leupold base you recommend. The Leupold base is for the 336, is it the same for the 1895? I'm thinking yes but not sure.
Yup! works on either one.

Reactions: HugoBoss
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.