Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've become the new owner of a Marlin 1894 in 41 magnum. It's a wonderful rifle and the round has much potential. However, I have trouble seeing the front sight. It is hooded. I did paint the sight but still have difficulty getting precision at 100 yards. The round can reach but I have issues. I have an XS scout set up on my 1894 in 357 magnum but wondered if there are any recommendations for my 41. Does anyone have any opinions or leads? Thanks.
Musical instrument

·
Premium Member
5,825 Posts
Nice Marlin! Like kingstrider says, the hood slides right off. I have had Skinner sights on mine, well made sight, and now I using the RPP Cloverleaf sight and really liking it as I can use the original front sight with it and like the appearence better that way. Lots of good choices available, shoot that .41, a great cartridge and a great rifle for it.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
It all depends on how much you want to change the look of the gun. I am a .41 lover too and would not want to change the gun too much. The Full buckhorn mentioned above works great. For me it is like having a regular sight and a ghost ring all in one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.