Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my new dark .357 last week, and absolutely love the gun. Action is smooth, fast. Nice crisp trigger, fit finish, function...it’s a really great gun...except for those lousy sights. A Skinner peep is inbound but the Front blade has got to go. I’ve been running a Skinner rear and a Tru-Glo dovetail fibre optic on the front of my Rossi for years, and it’s great; easy to pick up & see. Is anyone making a bolt on replacement for the Marlin blade sight it comes with? It’s held on with a couple of screws not a dovetail...that would be too easy.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

·
Registered
912 Posts
I put a TruGlo on my 1894C last week. Yes, it does light up. I got it from Amazon for about $20. It was the .343" one. I was just there, three were left.

·
Registered
912 Posts
@GFK can you post a link to the TruGlo you got for your 1894c, I can't seem to find the right one on amazon.

-Adam
Adam,

Here you go:
amazon.com/gp/product/B00P9F90C0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

P. S.
Note: I replaced the hood with one that is open, to allow protection and more light for the post. I got it from: Midwest Gun Works.com

·
Registered
8 Posts
@GFK thanks. I just put in an order through Amazon. I hope this will improve my shots, as I can barely see the front sight, and I have young-ish eyes.

·
Registered
912 Posts
@GFK thanks. I just put in an order through Amazon. I hope this will improve my shots, as I can barely see the front sight, and I have young-ish eyes.
You are welcome. Yes, somethings changes as we get older. Yet, I am happy with this front post. The sight picture is much better for me, even at sunset.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I did the same thing for my 44, but I got the .450" height. My brother got the .500" for his .45. You can order a pack of different colored replacement fibers too, which lets you experiment with which color you like better in the woods. Just make sure you order the right diameter fibers for the front sight you have. My bother finds the green too bright in the woods if he's shooting at a deer 50+ yards away. He has a hard time seeing the deer's body because the fiber brightness overwhelmes the brown body. So he uses red. I started with red, but I shifted over to either yellow or green (can't remember now).

·
Registered
912 Posts
I did the same thing for my 44, but I got the .450" height. My brother got the .500" for his .45. You can order a pack of different colored replacement fibers too, which lets you experiment with which color you like better in the woods. Just make sure you order the right diameter fibers for the front sight you have. My bother finds the green too bright in the woods if he's shooting at a deer 50+ yards away. He has a hard time seeing the deer's body because the fiber brightness overwhelmes the brown body. So he uses red. I started with red, but I shifted over to either yellow or green (can't remember now).
Nice to know. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts