Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my new dark .357 last week, and absolutely love the gun. Action is smooth, fast. Nice crisp trigger, fit finish, function...it’s a really great gun...except for those lousy sights. A Skinner peep is inbound but the Front blade has got to go. I’ve been running a Skinner rear and a Tru-Glo dovetail fibre optic on the front of my Rossi for years, and it’s great; easy to pick up & see. Is anyone making a bolt on replacement for the Marlin blade sight it comes with? It’s held on with a couple of screws not a dovetail...that would be too easy.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

·
Registered
867 Posts
I put a TruGlo on my 1894C last week. Yes, it does light up. I got it from Amazon for about $20. It was the .343" one. I was just there, three were left.

·
Registered
867 Posts
@GFK can you post a link to the TruGlo you got for your 1894c, I can't seem to find the right one on amazon.

-Adam
Adam,

Here you go:
amazon.com/gp/product/B00P9F90C0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

P. S.
Note: I replaced the hood with one that is open, to allow protection and more light for the post. I got it from: Midwest Gun Works.com

·
Registered
8 Posts
@GFK thanks. I just put in an order through Amazon. I hope this will improve my shots, as I can barely see the front sight, and I have young-ish eyes.

·
Registered
867 Posts
@GFK thanks. I just put in an order through Amazon. I hope this will improve my shots, as I can barely see the front sight, and I have young-ish eyes.
You are welcome. Yes, somethings changes as we get older. Yet, I am happy with this front post. The sight picture is much better for me, even at sunset.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts