Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Marlin lovers,..

I will try in this section as well to ask if someone can help with providing new springs and the buffer for my Camp 9.
I live in Croatia and over here is not possible to get those parts and the seller won't ship due to its worth ( to much paperwork for its price. )
I'm willing to pay by PayPal the price+shipping if someone can buy the parts and send them to me.

Thanks.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'll be arriving in Dubrovnic by cruise ship on May 14th. I'll bring you the parts if you'll pay the transportation fee. It should only be about $6000.00 American ;D. Happy to help another Marlin enthusiast. Mike

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Klondike Mike said:
I'll be arriving in Dubrovnic by cruise ship on May 14th. I'll bring you the parts if you'll pay the transportation fee. It should only be about $6000.00 American ;D. Happy to help another Marlin enthusiast. Mike
Thank you Mike.
Dubrovnik is where I was born and I live in Zadar now.
Also, I am born on May 15th, could you at least charge me for the parts as a birthday gift? ;)
I'd appreciate if you could help.

Thanks

·
Registered
80 Posts
Boccone. Sure you don't live in the town of Batf? It is illegal to export any gun parts from the USA without permits.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UPDATE to my status;

Got an e-mail form Wolff Gunsprings and it's possible to place an international order.
So, three springs for my Camp 9 ordered. ;D

Now, still the buffer is remaining,...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dear All,

Latest update regarding the buffers I needed;
A girl from the states which I met over Skype bought and sent me over the buffers!
Thank you all for the help.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I paid for the gun cca. 250 $ from a friend. The gun was bought from the states and brought over here as a new one.
The gun has fired not much rounds but wasn't stored properly, there are some spots on the barrel and stock partly damaged.
Now, I'm doing some paint job on the stock and rest of the gun is at near gunsmith for bluing.
Of course, permit is obligatory and in my case, as a hunter I have right po posses a gun like this one.
The procedure in issuing a permit is individually for each gun and it lasts 30+ days which includes police visit to your home( where guns are stored ), talk with neighbours as well, checking your criminal history ( if any ) and at the end if everything satisfies, you'll get the permit.
So, I have 15 different guns all together, can you imagine each time the same procedure?
There a two kinds of premit; First one is only to have a weapon and keep it at home. ( not alloved to carry around ) and Second one is if you are a hunter as myself than you can posses hunting weapons which are limited by the bore diameter and the energy of cartridges.
Also, I cannot carry a weapon around just like that. Only in an area where I hunt the weapon can be put together otherwise it hat to be at least in two parts ( boxed weapon, magazine and ammo separately )

·
Registered
702 Posts
interesting information. you got a good deal on the Carbine evidently, just some finish damage.
a .45 on another forum in like-new condition just sold for $650 - they are much sought after here in the USA, due to the accuracy and useing same magazine as the Colt 1911 .45acp.
I have used my Camp .45 for takeing 2 wild/feral hog. one was a large female, a dry sow about 325 pounds. I shot it in the head at about 30 paces with a hot handload 185gr hollow point a 'Golden Sabre' Remington bullet. it knocked a large piece of skull off and dropped it instantly.
the other was a smaller boar around 125 pounds that was shuffling along feeding, I shot it through the neck breaking the bones and cord it also dropped instantly.
some here in the USA would say that this cartridge is 'marginal' for hunting wild/feral hog but shot placement is the key actually. I suspect the 9mm would also do the job with a +P load, but maybe closer range would be adviseable.
do you have access to target practice fireing ranges there? and is ammunition expensive?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Marlin .45 carbine,

Yes, I got a good deal on this one. I was looking for some time for it.
Anyhow, yesterday the springs arrived and a 16,5 Lbs one is already in it.
Unfortunately still awaiting for a scope I ordered over eBay and the gun cannot be tested without the scope because I took the sights out.
And whilst I was dismounting the gun the buffer was broken in three pieces.
I took some time due to the problem with getting anew ones and made a new buffer myself.
Now the Blackjack buffers are on their way to my home,...I'll see if mine is better or not.
In a few days I'll be travelling to Austria and most probably buy all necessary components for reloading.
I'm more interested in subsonic ammo.
There is alot military ammo which can be found very cheap. Other than that, ammo like S&B or other renominate manufacturers are quite expensive i.e. for a round cca. 0.40-0.60 $.
As I'm a hunter usually after each hunt we shoot some targets just for fun and of course there are some closed ranges for target shooting nearby.

·
Registered
702 Posts
now I'm wondering what game you plan on hunting? since the rifle operates on the blow-back principle sub-sonic ammo being weaker may not cycle the action vigorously enough to eject the spent cartridge and chamber a fresh round? you may wind up replaceing the factory spring back into the rifle.
good luck when you have the scope mounted.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its a good point as you mentioned.
I also agree that if subsonic ammo will be used the factory spring will be inside.
Anyhow, whilst I go fishing with my boat at some abandoned islands there are many goats which are not frightened and could be approached easily.
The gun is quite handy to be carried onboard and also while jumping over rocks.

·
Registered
702 Posts
my best wishes for a successfull hunt and hope you bag a nice fat young goat to barbeque for family and friends ;D
aim fairly high at the neck/head juncture for a quick kill!

and a left-hand toast of 'Waidmanns Heil' 'German' hunter's toast or
'na hrvatskom-dobru kob! 'Croatian hunter's salute'

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the wishes.

I'm willing to put some photos of my Camp 9 over here tomorrow.
What do you think?

·
Registered
702 Posts
nice re-blueing job there. so you are not useing iron sights - just glass? or red dot?
the 'button' is the manual bolt hold open. pull the bolt back fully and press the 'button' upwards then lower the bolt onto the stop. then release the button, the bolt will stay locked back. to free the bolt pull it fully back again and check to see the 'button' has dropped back down, if not press it down - it's spring loaded so should just drop back down. a handy feature for cleaning the receiver w/out takeing it free of the stock. just swab it out with a rolled up piece of flannel soaked in bore clean, getting the chamber as best you can. or tie the flannel onto a string dropped through the bore and pull it through the chamber and bore.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the info.
I'll start with 2-6x28 scope just to see how it will work and a red dot is also in standby if necessary ( which is mounted on my SKS now ).
Also here is the buffer I made myself. ( only temporary until the buffers arrive from the US )

·
Registered
702 Posts
it appears as if you have this Camp 9mm figured out. good luck with the hunt.
I'm betting the small glass is going to be good set-up. the Camp has the accuracy potential to take advantage of the precise sighting of the scope.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts