Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to you all from UK
This year I had to have Rotator Cuff Repair Surgery on my right shoulder, this curtailed my shooting for over 6 months. Now I have been told that it was a complete success and should have full movement back in a couple of months, and I can go back to shooting but have to be careful of recoil.
Now my question to you all I have a Marlin 1894CS 357mag which I shoot in a carbine comp no real problem as I reload using semi wadcutters at a max range of 25 yards using a soft load. My main problem is the Marlin 1894 Cowboy Limited in .44mag this I shoot at 100yards. Has any one fitted a Limbsaver recoil pad to it if so what size. The nearest I have seen on MidwayUk is a prefit for a Marlin 444 I emailed Limbsaver but never got a reply. I can reload a softer load or even try 44 special. All our club comps start in December so that's my aim to start again. I would be very grateful for any help you lads can think of. I have been shooting since 1965 it seems only like yesterday and what a day that was here
Regards to all
Paul

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
If you can find someone that does leatherwork you could have them make something like this: 2 Marlins 010.JPG

Inside is a foam pad that is hidden by the leather. Also has the advantage of being removable so if you ever sell your Cowboy Limited you haven't detracted from the value.

Cheers!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Hi to you all from UK
This year I had to have Rotator Cuff Repair Surgery on my right shoulder, this curtailed my shooting for over 6 months. Now I have been told that it was a complete success and should have full movement back in a couple of months, and I can go back to shooting but have to be careful of recoil.
Now my question to you all I have a Marlin 1894CS 357mag which I shoot in a carbine comp no real problem as I reload using semi wadcutters at a max range of 25 yards using a soft load. My main problem is the Marlin 1894 Cowboy Limited in .44mag this I shoot at 100yards. Has any one fitted a Limbsaver recoil pad to it if so what size. The nearest I have seen on MidwayUk is a prefit for a Marlin 444 I emailed Limbsaver but never got a reply. I can reload a softer load or even try 44 special. All our club comps start in December so that's my aim to start again. I would be very grateful for any help you lads can think of. I have been shooting since 1965 it seems only like yesterday and what a day that was here
Regards to all
Paul
HI Paul

Have you tried Marlin Spares in the UK. They have a Pachmayer product for the 1894 that may help you. They have a web site, marlinspares.com

Good luck

Grovesie

·
Registered
741 Posts
I wholeheartedly 2nd the Kick Killer. All my marlins took the Extra Small. They are only about $40 and have medical gel in them that really does tame the recoil, plus they protect the base of the butt stock, and they look period correct on Marlin lever guns in my opinion.

·
El Kabong
8,333 Posts
We shoot 300gr Barnes out of the 44 lever, they whackas hard as some odd sixes.
A 10003 Limb Saver tamed the crap out of those rounds.

Ive had a perminate A/C III since the 80's, There is a limbsaver on darn near every rifle I own.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi All
Just ordered a AirTec recoil pad from Limbsaver, Will let you know how I get on when I receive it
Thanks for all your help
Paul

1 - 10 of 10 Posts