Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I believe that the 336 was the first receiver factory drilled for scope mounts. As far as holes on the side for receiver sights, that has been an on and off thing from wayyy back.
I could be wrong, but I'm never wrong.....LOL

Reactions: Lever Jac

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I believe that the 336 was the first receiver factory drilled for scope mounts. As far as holes on the side for receiver sights, that has been an on and off thing from wayyy back.
I could be wrong, but I'm never wrong.....LOL
Yeah, need more clear question; some 92's 93's,94's,and 95's were tapped on top for the Hepburn site and before that the top tang was tapped for a tang sight. Then some 36's were factory tapped for a reciever sight on the left side. The 336's were tapped for reciever sight from the start, but no waffle tops had factory tapped holes on top and I think a couple years of smooth tapped ones came before the tops were factory tapped for scope mounting, so maybe 1954?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I should have been clearer on my question. I was thinking the early lever guns, 1893, 1894 and 93's. Just the top of the receivers, not for a scope.
Yes, ok,once the Hepburn sight became available it must have been popular because Marlin shortened the the top "Marlin Safety" roll mark and tapped holes for the Hepburn. This was done on most Marlin lever models,92,93,94,95,97. Don't know the exact time frame maybe 1908ish.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts