Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
I am uncertain what receiver you want to buy. You don't mention specifics such as make, model, caliber and so on. I speculate you want a Marlin .45-70 receiver but I am not sure.

Further, the receiver is not just a part, the Federal government considers it to be the firearms itself, so if found, it would need to process thru' a FFL holder, unless somehow a friend has what you seek.

In any event, without regard to what you are looking for, it will probably be cheaper to find a new rifle than trying to build.

·
Super Moderator
40,395 Posts
Welcome from the marshes of south Louisiana.
Hope you had it insured! Who did you ship it with?

·
Registered
86 Posts
If it was shipped USPS it had to ship Priority Mail so unless you bought additional insurance, coverage is capped at $50.

I once shipped a rifle from South Carolina to a FFL holder in Idaho for delivery to the purchaser. It took 34 days but it eventually made it.

Have hope, it may surface.

USPS service is terrible at times.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
All the major parcel carriers share trucks now, USPS, UPS, and Fed-Ex may all have packages on one truck, but they don't share tracking numbers. And, when your USPS package is lost on a Fed-Ex truck, there is no finding it. Ordered a gun cleaning kit off E-Bay one time, left the store in Fargo, ND USPS within an hour of ordering it, tracked it to Minneapolis that night. There it got loaded on a Fed-Ex truck, and disappeared!! 15 days later it finally showed back up, scanned into the Jacksonville USPS terminal, and was delivered the next morning. Had no clue where it had gone until it arrived with Fed-Ex stickers on back of the box where it had been redirected.

If it hasn't been gone long, simply disappeared off USPS Tracking, shows "In Transit" and they have no clue where it went, that may be the situation in your case as well.

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Lost in USPS or some other shipper? In any case, that is a missing firearm and should be reported as such. The receiver is the serialized part of the firearm and counts just like a whole firearm.
IDK the rules of shipping firearms via USPS but if the OP never declared that the parcel contained a firearm...now might not be the best time to inform them. Could that be why it disappeared...maybe set off some x-ray machine or other scanner? I hope there wasnt a round in the chamber LOL.

·
Super Moderator
10,856 Posts
The only time I have seen firearms shipped USPS was from the CMP. Normally, I have shipped via UPS or FedEx going back to the factory and of course had insurance and certified with delivery confirmation (signature required on receiving end). Even then I once had a S&W 41 mag revolver arrive with an empty box shipped via UPS. I got my insurance money for it but had to report it missing to my local police (because it is registered to me ) and I had to file an FBI report because it went missing going interstate which now involves the FBI. They never recovered it but said it had to be an inside job with UPS.

Reactions: -69.55
1 - 10 of 10 Posts