Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone happened to look on the Remington web site lately.
It seems there a quite a few product recall notices for Reminton products. I do sincerely hope that this is NOT the way of the future for our Marlins.
I believe Marlin deserves a better future than what I am seeing at the moment.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Might be that Remington took a bigger bite than they could chew with the purchase of Marlin and they might end up selling it to save their rears. ;)

·
Premium Member
6,017 Posts
janott said:
Might be that Remington took a bigger bite than they could chew with the purchase of Marlin and they might end up selling it to save their rears. ;)
Sell marlin to Henry arms company and the quality will come back.

TO NY

·
Registered
32,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Go to the Remington site and type in recalls in the search bar.

·
Premium Member
12,095 Posts
Its about time.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a Mod. 700, .17Rem that qualifies for this recall, but I'll be darned if I'll let anyone get their hands on it. They want 20.00 and if they don't like my trigger pull they will replace it. Never have had any trouble with it. Send it to Rem.? No way Jose.......... Quick

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
308/338 said:

TO NY
You said it, brother. Anyone written to Anthony Imperato yet? ;)

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
I wouldn't want to see Henry buy out Marlin. I've seen too many companies buy out their competition just to close them down.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
44-40 Willy said:
I wouldn't want to see Henry buy out Marlin. I've seen too many companies buy out their competition just to close them down.
I would never buy from Remington if that were to be the case, and I would hope the same for every other sportsman out there that they would do the same. Be like cutting your own throat. :mad:

·
Registered
593 Posts
308/338 said:

TO NY
Let's pray that doesn't happen. Henry makes a pretty good looking gun but it is not a Marlin. Their little .22 is nice and light but it can't hold a candle to the accuracy of a 39A. Marlin made some of the most accurate rifles ever made. I don't know if this will continue to hold true or not. Savage is now building the most accurate out of the box rifle just like Marlin use to. It would be nice to see Savage buy Marlin because they have been around a long time and they have always paid attention to quality. Not always beauty but always quality. That is the kind of company we need to buy Marlin from the Freedom Group.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts