Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if stainless 35 caliber barrels are available? I have a 336SS in 30-30 I'd like to rechamber for the 35 Rem. I'm sure I could scare up a gunsmith somewhere to do this, but are the barrels out there?

·
Administrator
23,793 Posts
You will need a bolt also as the rims are different sizes, 30-30 being larger. You would be better off just getting a 35 and have it rebarreled.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I would guess your goal would be to have a stainless .35, not just a .35. A noble effort indeed; make mine in the 336D configuration :D If you want a weather-proof gun you might also want to consider buying a blued one and gunkoting it. You could even choose a stainless color, if you like the look. You'd probably come out about the same, money-wise, but you'd have two guns. Just a thought.
Matt

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I am trying to come up with a stainless 35 but may have to settle for weatherproof coating instead. Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I'd like to hear more about the "Gunkote" product. About how much does it cost and where can I check out the options on it.

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
You don't need a different bolt for this barrel swap. The .502 vs. .460 rim diameters will work fine with the same bolt. You may need to slightly modify the extractor, or buy an extractor for a .35 if it doesn't work. I wouldn't do anything until you try it, and see. Sometimes they work fine, and sometimes if they're worn, they need work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts