Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I was finally able to get some alone time to take down the 1894c I introduced here: http://www.marlinowners.com/forum/1894/147830-never-fired-1981-1894c.html
I was using the tutorial Neptune left a link for and decided to go ahead and completely disassemble; only now I can't get the mag tube seated deep enough to get the cut outs in the barrel and mag tube to line up. I see no obstruction in the seat but cannot figure out the issue, but it's off 1/32 and there's no wiggle room. This should be the easiest part of reassembly, but it's not going together. Also, there were no problems getting it apart and I did not see any real reason to remove the barrel from the receiver so nothing off there.

You all have been very helpful thus far, and would really appreciate the help.

Richard

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got it! Just needed to put the butt on the floor and make it happen. As I was turning the screw through the cut ot to meet the other side of the band, I rmember that was exactly how it came apart. Now let see if it''l cycle.

Have a great night!

·
Registered
839 Posts
Glad we could help!

Come on back, now ya hear!

Reactions: Blackbarry

·
Registered
237 Posts
Glad we could help!

Come on back, now ya hear!
LOL, glad you got it OP. I had an unfortunate experience taking my XDS pistol apart and had to have a gunsmith re-assemble it so now I'm too afraid to do anything but a field strip. Too bad because I like to know how these work.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Good to hear you got it sorted out! :top:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts