Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend recently told me hes looking to sell his late uncles 77 336 in 35REM and told me to make him a cash offer. Being hes a friend I dont wanna rip him off and of course I dont wanna overpay either. The gun is in very good shape frim what I saw of it. Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
484 Posts
I bought a 71 336 for my son last year with good bluing and so-so wood for $275 and thought that was a bargain. I would have gone $350 for it. For what you describe, I would have gone $325-375 if the wood and metal were good.

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
I gave $375 for mine a short time ago. It is in excellent condition, and I felt like I got a good deal. I probably would have paid $425-450 for it if I had to, because it was that nice.

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
There are two 336 35 Rems for sale on Arms List. One for $495 and the other $500. Both of them in great shape, but too expensive. Of course, the folks that are selling them do not want to give them away. The advantage is that all you pay is the selling price. No other fees unless you want it shipped. Not buying anything right now. I have to find a job before any luxuries make the shopping list.

Mike T.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I bought one last spring in NC. I can't remember the date...either 79 or '81. I gave $375 otd with a box of Corelokts. Felt I got a great deal and am very happy with it. Mine showed use but bluing and bore were as nice as any rifle I have. Wood shows use and was missing the bulls eye. FWIW.

Personally I'd offer him $350. Fair price with a bit of a friendly discount:) He might could haggle for a little more but what's a couple bucks between friends? :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
3,561 Posts
I gave $450 for a early '70s 336/35 several years ago. It was pristine and "then" you could find ammo almost everywhere. With todays ammo/reloading components crunch being what it is and with JM Marlins going for ridiculous prices, I too think $350 is a "fair" price. Good luck to you

·
Registered
964 Posts
Just my opinion, but in PA i'd say that at $350 you can smile, at 4, he does, assuming it's a good one.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Around here I would pay $375.00

·
Registered
7 Posts
I paid $300 for a '77 336 .35 Rem. with decent wood and safe but poor condition metal. It shoots fine and true but doesn't look as nice as I wished for the price. $300-400 is a Good deal considering Remlin .30-.30 safety models New usually are $400+ . If you're like me and had Never seen 1 or knew much about them before this site then it's worth $450 in Very Good condition

·
Registered
11,165 Posts
I'd say between $350 and $400 would be a good price. I picked up a pretty nice J.C. Higgins Sears Model 45 in 35 Rem (a store brand model made by Marlin) just a couple months back for just undter $400 and I think it was a good. I'm happy any way.

Reactions: SuperMarlin1984

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I bought one a year ago for $350 and it was in great shape as well. They are selling between 350 & 400 in good shape. That of course depends on what part of the country you are in. I would not feel I would be cheating him if I offered him $350. That is a fair price to pay. Only my Opinion of course.

Best of Luck

Enjoy the Journey
444GS2

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm the same way. The .35 Rem. is companion to my 1964 RC Y code baby (1st ever handed down gun from my Grandma @ 16 years old so it's priceless), the .35 has given me the courage to take it apart/clean it & I'm considering doing some custom mods on some secondary wood for comfort as it's going to become my project shooter or until I come across another good deal JM Marlin. I know it's Marlin made but I bet it's a nice addition Pereira
;)

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
That's the bottom line, if you want the gun and are happy with the deal, go for it. JM Marlin asking prices have been going up, but I have noticed that some asking prices that were obviously too high did not get bids on Gun Broker. I try not to beat up the seller on price to the point of getting him/her upset, and I am willing to pay a fair price for the seller if the rifle is in great shape and I really want it.

Cheers!

Mike T.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Bought my 1977 35 right here on the board. It came from Yar and I paid $425. Super happy and was cheaper than any 35 I was seeing around my area of KS at gun shows. Much better condition too. She looks almost brand new.

Hayden.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.