Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have spent a good deal of time reading up on the model 336 and am ready to purchase my 2nd marlin lever gun (unfortunately I sold my very 1st deer rifle many decades ago - a 336??). I definitely want one in .35 Remington, but what model, don't know, I am open to suggestions. If I can only have one lever in .35 rem and I would like one that does have collectors' interest either now or in the future - what would be my options? I realize that any response will be of a personal choice and that is OK. Thanks in advance for any responses. Palumj

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! Glad you've joined us! I'd say a nice 336 JM marked in 35 Rmington is not going down in price any time in the near future! Just my 2 cents! John

Reactions: 444GunSlinger2

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just purchased my first 336 & waiting for delivery. It will be interesting to fire the lever action as I have semi autos & bolt action rifles including military rifles.

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Welcome from Key Largo, When you get your 336 in 35 Remington you will be happy, until you see a really nice beautiful 336 in 30-30, then you will be like me, you will have to have it also, that`s how it begins!!! :flute:

"My 444 is faster then 911"

·
Premium Member
11,717 Posts
Welcome from Micanopy Florida. These guns are fun to shoot and easy to take care of. It still amazes me it took me so long to start buying them as I grew up loving the Westerns and the rifles they had.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome from Bisbee, AZ! Just purchased my first 30-30 Marlin 336RC with the help of fellow members here. Shot it a few times to sight-in the peep-sight but yet to take it deer hunting -very happy just looking at it!

·
Registered
682 Posts
I have two 336W's in 30-30, they are awesome rifles! I too want a 336 in .35 Rem. so I too will be following along to learn with you, good luck in your search!

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
First off Hello and Welcome to Marlin Owners from the State of South Dakota
Welcome Aboard, Enjoy the Journey
444GS2

Second: if you are wanting collector quality Marlin in a 35 Rem. I would try to find and buy a Model 336A or a pre 1982 336c in 35 rem. The Pre 1982 will give you a pre hammer block safety marlin. The hammer block safety came out in 1982. The pre block Marlins are in high demand right now and will be more so over the next few years. These guns in time will command a premium in years to come. Just some food for thought.

Reactions: Pereira

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
I'd say take your time and hit the pawn shops. That's where the treasures are found. Good luck and happy hunting! Oh, and welcome from Oklahoma.

·
Premium Member
15,419 Posts
welcome from Texas

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Louisiana!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,507 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Marlinowners from Pennsylvania!

·
Registered
10,519 Posts
Hello & Welcome from a small bluff n W TN.

Alot of good suggestions already, the SC vs the RC depends on which you like. The SCs without the second barrel band are said to be a little bit more accurate. But you know what they say about opinions, any way. The store brand models seem to be gaining some respect of lately. Thats what I just bought, a Sears Model 45 J C Higgins, mine seems to be pretty darn good.
Around here we don't see many ,35s if any. The Waffle Tops are prety collectable, but you want one thats not been D&Ted "drilled & tapped".
Good luck in your search, the search is a lot of the fun, enjoy.

ps; when you find the one like, we will need to see some pics. lol

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I sure like my Sears Model 45!

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Welcome from sunny NE Indiana. Get a shooter, there are so many aspects of collecting that it takes some research and good knowledge to do well. Shooting is way more fun anyhow, shooting at game doubly fun.:tee:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts