Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent the past several days getting our hunting area ready for this years hunting season. Our bow season opens this October and I made ready all blinds and checked the various trails for game.

As I approached one area, there was several Pigs rooting near one of our hunting spots. These guys did not even bother to run at the sound of our truck.

I managed only one shot as they scattered like roaches after I fired. I hit a nice sow at around 60 yards. I did not have much time and had to take the shot standing off hand without a rest.

My Marlin CB 45-70 is shooting 405 grains. The shot was through the lungs. After I shot, I could see nothing but feet, as the pig was knocked off the ground :!:

It landed with a thud and that was that.

The wild pigs on our ranch are known for running after being shot with the usual rounds but not with the 45-70.

Much game (Deer) was spotted and I am now ready and waiting for the season to begin.

Hope you are too.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Well we don't have any wild pigs up here, but we do have one desquised as a state senator.
Going for Turkey starting next month, then Archery season opens up .. am I ready? Damn straight.
Good luck & good huntin`

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
danurve said:
Well we don't have any wild pigs up here, but we do have one desquised as a state senator.
Only one ???? thought there was more than one.. :D
Good luck will miss you this year at Shawnee..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts