Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A quick question about something I should know, but don't. Were any of the 336CBs in 38-55 made with uncheckered stocks? Mine is checkered, as are all the ones I seem to see. I'd like to know if they were made uncheckered as well. Thanks in advance for the information.

·
Premium Member
4,983 Posts
Well, I can't say for all Marlin cowboy production(my 336CB in 38-55 is checkered), but I do know that Marlin would accept a regular 336 sent in to them by a customer and rebarrel it with the cowboy octagon barrel....so that's ONE way you'd see a 'non checkered" cowboy. I have a 336 that had this happen to it and it is NOT checkered. Mine is a 30-30 that I purchased from Wet Dog, and it is a great shooter even if it didn't begin life as a cowboy.

·
Premium Member
17,012 Posts
To checker, or not to checker.

Hey K,

Hmmm? :hmmmm:

Mine seems to be of the "checkered" variety.:biggrin:

Later, Mark

Attachments

Reactions: JBledsoe

·
Registered
258 Posts
The last couple of years they were made 2002-2003 (IIRC) they did not have checkering.

Rob

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
I just purchased a 336CB (s/n 982000xx) 38-55 Win. and it does NOT have checkering. When I receive it I will take pictures of it and start a new thread on it.

Jack

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
A quick question about something I should know, but don't. Were any of the 336CBs in 38-55 made with uncheckered stocks? Mine is checkered, as are all the ones I seem to see. I'd like to know if they were made uncheckered as well. Thanks in advance for the information.​

There are 2 for sale on marlin 336 cb For Sale ? Buy marlin 336 cb Online at GunBroker.com right now. One with checkering and one without

djh

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
I have never seen a 336CB up here, when did they make them and what calibers did they come in?
I know the 336CB was made in .38-55 and .30-30. I don't know what years though

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'll tell you what, if I ever come across one it will be as good as sold! To bad it is such a pain in the a$$ to export firearms out of the USA!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
The picture on the Happenz thread that Wet dog took of me after hitting the 900 yard dinger shows me holding my 38-55 without checkering. What a rifle!

Reactions: buckweet
1 - 14 of 14 Posts