Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Well, I went out over the weekend and made some 5 shot groups to send in to the postal match. Hunter class - scoped 100 yds.

My best group will firmly establish me at the very bottom of the standings.

Geez! I don't know what happened. I was shooting 1.25" groups for three shots pretty consistantly, and pretty close to the center of the target, too. But this weekend it all went to heck and for some reason I was getting 8" to 10" groups. :shock: :evil: :(

I bought some JB Bore Compound to work on a new .223 NEF I've been having trouble with and I decided I would run some of it down my Marlin to try to clean the copper out. Well, I got the bore really clean for maybe the first time ever, but that must have been what has messed up my accuracy in the Marlin. I'm hoping after a hundred rounds or so it might come back around. I hope! Oh, the JB Bore Compound didn't seem to make the .223 shoot any better either. I think I have a scope problem, there.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Kart29,
Keep trying. Some days everything is in alignment and you end up shooting groups that are much better than your norm....witness my score in the scoped hunter class. Some days everything just comes together!

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Jayhawker,

I hope to crowd you a little bit with one I am sending to RD this week. I shot 2 targets while in Arkansas this past week with my very first reloads. We have to keep it interesting you know. :wink:

Dave 8)

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
You will probably bump me down with that target :cry: :wink:

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Big Med,

You reloaders ALWAYS win. I just got lucky with my start. Now those open sights will take me a LOT of work for sure.

Dave 8)

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
To be honest Dave I was really happy to see you with that target. Esp when they are your first reloads!! Lets a guy know he can do it. There may be days of frustration....but you know what you can do, and when you blast that first animal with your own loads, you will be wondering what took you so long to take the plunge. Keep slinging that lead. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts