Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
If it isn't broke don't fix it. ::) RCBS does make a good press. Don't know why they would have made any changes and they do look about the same. The only real difference that you cannot see is the material that they are cast from, and that could be the problem. The priming system is different and that is another thing that did not need improved. The two Rockchucker presses that I have were made at different times, one in the 70's and the other in the 80's and both are very well made with no problems.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
I have no complaints but have not read or hear of anything bad as of yet. The only difference between my two presses is the older one is only marked RC and the newer one is marked RC-II, the finish on the newer of the two is better but both still work like they are new.

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
Looks like an easy fix or change of design for RCBS to just go back to the old design and extend it out to both sides to be used on right or left. That being extended out in front of the cam could create more pressure especially if the press is not secured on the bench good and tight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.