Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm nearly out of empty cases! Guess I might have to shoot a few of them so I can get back to reloading :lol:

Took my son out coyote hunting last nite, he with the modded 10-22 (velocitors) and me with "thumper" and a pocket full of reloads :wink:

There was an old plastic flower pot thing laying on the trail 80yds up...been there for years and really needed to be moved. I told my son to set the scope and blast away. He hit and nudged it a few times with the velocitors, good shooting I might add. Then I put the ear plugs in and my son slinged his rifle and grabbed his ears. KAPOOOWWWWW. The plastic pot flew from one side of the trail to the other, dirt flew up and left a slice down the trail. Hmmm, not bad. Seems to be shooting pretty good with the red dot and handloads. Next stop will be the range down the road.

Hey guys, thanx for your tips, hints and help!

Perferator

·
Premium Member
3,049 Posts
I'm nearly out of empty cases!

I hate when that happens!

·
Registered
362 Posts
It's even worse when you go to reload bench and you remember that ya never even bought any 45-70 to reload.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey Perferator- what load are you using in your last post????You said something bout Red Dot and........? for a bullet...

·
Registered
625 Posts
Just found a box of brass I had put someplace I woundent forget. That was a year ago. :oops: Found 300 45/70 cases sized and ready to load, 300 30/06 cases sized and ready to load, 200 .270 cases ready to load, 200 7x57 cases ready to load, 600 41 mag cases ready to load, and 1000 357 mag cases, plus the same in 38 spl, plus 3 coffee cans of 40 s&w and the same for for 9mm. Guess the dillon 550 gonna be busy for a while. Guess thats why I had box upon box of all kinds of cast boolits all made up. Oh well when I get it all loaded will make a nice day at the range. :wink:

Gun Runner

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sasquatch said:
It's even worse when you go to reload bench and you remember that ya never even bought any 45-70 to reload.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey Perferator- what load are you using in your last post????You said something bout Red Dot and........? for a bullet...

Sasquatch, fellow wolverine :wink:

WWcases
CCI200primers
Hornady 350gr RN
[email protected]
Lee FCD

The load is working well but for some reason still getting that 3rd shot flyer. I'll be able to get that prob figgerd out by this fall, though. I'm using a cheap (that's right, I'm not defending this thing) Simmons red-dot I got for christmas....35.00clams. It works great so far, has the 4moa dot and will put the first two shots so close it's unbelievable (sometimes in the same hole) at 50yds, but it's that third shot that gets me and might be a flinch. Guess I'll be sure to hit it with the first two!

Perferator

1 - 5 of 5 Posts