Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This rifle with a 20" barrel come to sale over here. The amount of money is tremendous for a plain rifle in this calibre.

The sales description says that there where only 200 of those build at all and they where used in the Mexican civil war, the rifle is in a good condition for its age.

Do you know more to say about that rifle?

http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=3445797

·
Premium Member
2,266 Posts
That is a 1893 Marlin with a round barrel option and in 20" length.Most common was 26" octagon.It would be called a short rifle.Looks in good shape.In the US its value would be probably $700-$900 US, just guessing.
From the looks of it I would find it hard to believe it was a war gun.I also dont think it was all that rare as Marlin listed this variation as a regular option.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I got 2,077.00 US dollars if the conversion table work right

·
Registered
183 Posts
Buy the rifle, not the story.
Practically all firearms that I have seen to come out of Mexico have been mostly junk. Beat up, rusted, worn out, etc.
That country is hell on firearms.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Levergunz said:
That is a 1893 Marlin with a round barrel option and in 20" length.Most common was 26" octagon.It would be called a short rifle.Looks in good shape.In the US its value would be probably $700-$900 US, just guessing.
From the looks of it I would find it hard to believe it was a war gun.I also dont think it was all that rare as Marlin listed this variation as a regular option.
Thx for the Info! :) Well the sales description did not state that THIS rifle is a war rifle, but that this sort of was used. But sure you are right it does not look like one who was up in heavy duty use. I think it is just a strategy to justify the price.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ironhorse191 said:
I got 2,077.00 US dollars if the conversion table work right
That's right and for my taste a bit to expensive for such a rifle, there better ones on the marked who would justify such a price.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ikesdad said:
Buy the rifle, not the story.
8) That's a good one! And so true! Thx! ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts