Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
I installed one in my 1894(44-40). The loading is definitely smoother,can not unload through the gate. Submitted a review stating that,got an email from RPP saying that unloading doesn't work on all models. They are going to revisit their install video and change that statement. They also sent me a 20% discount on next purchase.

1,907 Posts
I installed one in my 1894(44-40). The loading is definitely smoother,can not unload through the gate. Submitted a review stating that,got an email from RPP saying that unloading doesn't work on all models. They are going to revisit their install video and change that statement. They also sent me a 20% discount on next purchase.
Yes Navajo here on MOF was kind enough to make the video. His 35 Rem unloads with no problem. We’ve seen similar results with the 444 and 1895.

Of course our mandate for design was easier loading only and therefore why the copy on the page only mentions that. So far overwhelming response has been that we delivered on that goal.

Hope you’re liking your 1894 loading gate. Glad to hear our team provided you with a discount on parts due to any confusion the video may have caused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just installed my new loading gate from Ranger Point. What a difference for sure. Much easier on the thumb and without sacrificing smooth operation and reliability. Nice product. Looks good too. I got the brass colored one because it went well with my brass colored trigger. Thumbs up! (no pun intended)

1,907 Posts
Just installed my new loading gate from Ranger Point. What a difference for sure. Much easier on the thumb and without sacrificing smooth operation and reliability. Nice product. Looks good too. I got the brass colored one because it went well with my brass colored trigger. Thumbs up! (no pun intended)
Excellent!!

1,907 Posts
I installed 3, 2 45-70 and 1 336. All work great and perform as promised. Good luck.
Love the feedback guys. Thank you!!

1,907 Posts
Can you get one without the emblem on it?
Like a Ford or Chevy it comes with our RP logo b/c we designed them, manufacture them, and take pride in them.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
ttrr63.....if you can use a screwdriver, you can install one of these. All kidding aside, it's that easy. You have to take the lever out of the receiver to get at it, but it's really easy. If in doubt, watch a video on YouTube. And yes.....it does make life easier. At least on your thumb!

I understand their reason for putting their logo on it but I agree with one of the other comments. I don't really care for it either. At first when I opened the package, I thought it was a blemish. It's ok though, I get it. No problem....no big deal. Just a personal opinion. Like the man said...Ford or Chevy.

The bottom line is that it works like a charm and makes loading a zip. Buy it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
installed one on my 94 & one on my 95 this past weekend, fit & finish was perfect. definitely made a difference in loading.
on the 1895 no problem unloading through the gate, on the 1894 I didn't even try after reading the threads here.
my wife shoots the 94 more than I, and she gave it a huge thumbs up, happy wife = more range time. oh and received
super fast too.

1,907 Posts
installed one on my 94 & one on my 95 this past weekend, fit & finish was perfect. definitely made a difference in loading.
on the 1895 no problem unloading through the gate, on the 1894 I didn't even try after reading the threads here.
my wife shoots the 94 more than I, and she gave it a huge thumbs up, happy wife = more range time. oh and received
super fast too.
Like they say happy wife = happy life.

1,907 Posts
super fast too.
A happy wife is worth more than gold. Maybe we should be charging more. :biggrin:

Glad you like the gates. Yes, with the 1895s our gate will typically make it easy to unload as well. We examined the 1894 gate from every angle, but given the geometries involved, we were not able to offer a design that eases unloading.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I know this is an older thread, but I have to jump in and say I just installed a Ranger Point Precision loading gate on my .38/.357 1894 and I love it! Makes the gun even more fun to shoot! Now if I could just afford more ammo!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.