Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a RP cloverleaf peep. It comes with a shim for the 45/70 for "high front sights". I have a 22" 1895 with factory sights. Do I need that shim? Has anyone used these peeps on an 1895? I'm going to put a fiber optic front sight on regardless, which height front sight should I go with?

·
Super Moderator
15,234 Posts
Welcome from Alabama... I had no need for the shim... Mount the peep and sight it in. If you have no elevation problems, get a fiber optic that is the same height as the factory one...

·
Super Moderator
11,607 Posts
No idea about the shim but you will like that sight picture. I have a RPP scope mount with cloverleaf peep on a 1895 SBR and a 35XLR and love them. I really, really wish they would make the same thing for the 1894 and would probably buy several.

·
Registered
15,668 Posts
Last I knew, RPP was here on MO. I’d bet they’ll see this post and reply direct to get you set.
I have been extremely happy with their products and reach-back to their customers. It makes them stand out in a competitive market.
I’m sure the cloverleaf peeps for the 1894’s will be offered at some point.
R/Griff

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Don't know about the shim but I have heard from several that they are great sights. I wish I could use one but my failing eyes have put me to using a scope.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went to put it on last night and the screws they sent me only allowed installation with the Shim. I emailed RPP and they said most of the newer model 1895s need the shim. We will see how it shoots.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I used the shim on my 1895GS. I also installed one of their FO front sights and hogged out the center of the factory hood to allow light in. It works great. I’ve dealt with Kimberly at RPP a few times, and she is awesome. They have great customer service!

My eyes are fairly decent and I will say, the actual clover leaf portion tends to disappear a bit when I’m shooting quickly. You have to slightly shift focus to see the “crosshairs”. When shooting quickly I find it behaves a bit more like a ghost ring.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Which fiber optic sight did you put on yours? I ordered the .350" one.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Which fiber optic sight did you put on yours? I ordered the .350" one.
I would have to dig out the paperwork. I went with whichever one Kimberly recommended, but .350 sounds like it might be the one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts