Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time I have ever shot one. Iron sight 51' SC .35R. Now I see why you guys luv these guns. What a great shooter. 1/2 in. at 50 yds no problem. Out to 100 spread a bit (1 1/2in.) but hey I am 64 and the wind was blowing hard. That's my story and I am sticking to it. The balance on these rifles is great. When I shoulder the gun it stops steady and true. I see why you use them for Still Hunting. Look out Pa. Whitetails.

Steve

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
Congrats, and your welcome, lol. They are a hoot, glad you liked it. I can see maybe another in your near future.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Gotta love those S.C's!

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
Yep... just something about lever guns that make you feel good all over... :biggrin:
Enjoy.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Your FIRST, I hope you realize what you did, I fear a spread of Marlinitis is about to start, Congrats.

·
Administrator
30,584 Posts
Stevo, you may not be fully aware of it yet but... you are doomed... you are already showing the first signs of infection... it's called marlinitis... and it is incurable.

Welcome to the club of the afflicted. :biggrin:

Jack

Reactions: erimort

·
Registered
126 Posts
Stevo, as I'm sure you're already aware, MO offers a 12 step program to help you with this affliction. It involves guns, working on guns, reloading for guns, shooting guns, cleaning guns, collecting guns, showing guns, talking about guns, and just more guns after that. Yeah, this 12 step program tends to swing the other way, isn't it great! And congratulations too, by the way. If your first 336 is a 35 Remington, you're off to a great start.:congrats:

·
Banned
2,803 Posts
The factory Hornady LeveRevolution FTX "gummy bear" 200 grain 35 Rem ammo with the pointed bullets is very accurate in my 336C.
Makes my 336 an easy 200 yard and well beyond gun without having to concern myself with a lot of Kentucky elevation/windage adjustments to hit the boiler room of a deer each & every time.
I would give the inexpensive LeveRevolution ammo a try.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Stevo, you may not be fully aware of it yet but... you are doomed... you are already showing the first signs of infection... it's called marlinitis... and it is incurable.

Welcome to the club of the afflicted.

You've been warned !!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: ( Though it's probably TOO LATE now )

Glad to hear your Marlin is a shooter !

B

Reactions: JACKTW

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
[QUOTE=Stevo; Look out Pa. Whitetails"

Steve-Go onto youtube and do a search for "Hunting in NE PA". Too funny, and it will give you a taste of how the locals in NE PA handle Hunters.

Mike T.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
To summarize all the above..... YOU'RE SCREWED!!!
There is no vaccine for this sickness.
Your only hope at salvation is to stop now before it gets worse.
Stop... Cold turkey....
I'll help.
Send me your Marlins... I am beyond help.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Congrats...and I'm surprised no one else has asked...

pics?

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I didn't take any photos at the range but heres my rifle.

Mike I have a camp in Elk County near Penfield. I Know how you Pennsie Woodchucks feel about us Jersey guys lol.

Reactions: theMickster

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
Steve:

You're a lot safer in Elk County than in NE PA. Check out that Youtube video when you have time.

North Central PA has been prime hunting ground forever. I have only been up there once since the Energy Industry has been Fracking everywhere. It has completely changed that area. Two lane roads now have a lot of big truck traffic with a lot of Tanker Trucks carrying water. Its not quite the rural retreat that it once was not to long ago. I hope your camp is isolated enough to avoid the rush to pilfer PA.

Cheers!

Mike T.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.