Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Finally got to the range to try out my new 35 loads I cooked up,with some great info from 35 remington.I was hoping to get to the range last weekend,but have been working 7 days a week,12-13 hours a day,for what seems like forever,but finally got the holiday weekend off.
I loaded the 35 with 1x fired Rem cases,neck sized,Win large rifle primers,
and 200 gr Rem corelokt bullet.I started at 36.5 gr of H4895,with OAL of 2.510" and a pretty good crimp with the Lee factory crimp,and worked it up 40.5 gr of H4895 in 1gr incremements.Accuracy was so-so with the starting loads,had target set up at only 25 yds for testing purposes with peep sight,but 37.5-38.5 grs, the groups got tighter.I loaded up one 3 round batch with 40 gr and the group opened up,but at 40.5 it got basically the same tight group as the 37.5-38.5 gr groups.I am going to stick with the 40.5 gr load and ,when I get more time,go back out and zero it up and start shooting at ranges out to 150yds.Thanks to 35 remington for posting that info on loading the 35 ,it really took the guesswork out of making up these loads.I didn't have the chrony with me,I know shoulda had it,but the top loads had no pressure signs whatsoever and extracted just like factory loads,even in the neck sized brass.I know big medicine was looking for some 336D load results,so hope this helps.Thanks again 35 remington for putting that data up here,it is a great guidline for anyone starting to load for the 35.Hope everyone has a happy and safe 4th of July,enjoy.

sprest22

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I had missed the topic entirely, but your post has given me a starting point! I've never been able to find a good load for my 336D. Thanks! SW

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NebrHogger,

35remington's post,if thats what you missed, is on this page and it's range results with new powder in the 35 ,hope this helps.

sprest22

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
I will have to get some H4895 and give it a try. I have a bunch of cases loaded up with IMR 4064, RL-7, H4198, H335, AA2015BR, AA2520, and Rem 200gr RN. I just need to be able to get out and shoot. The days I have been able to it has rained, the nice days I have been stuck at work. Thanks for the data keep us posted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts