Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 30 day California consignment wait was up Tuesday, so guess who was first in the door to pick up their 27-2... anybody...?

Cleaned it up, lubed it inside and out, replaced the trigger return spring (must have been from an Abrams tank) with a 14# Wolff I had laying about. Ordered a set of grips from Kurac, should be here Saturday.

Met up with a friend, he's 74 and new to guns being originally from the UK. I found him a really nice Ruger Blackhawk .357 some years back - ebony grips, red ramp front sight, polished stainless and an action job - good price too! He likes cowboy guns.

So, he was happy to try the Ruger New Vaquero 45 bird's head I brought today. Did a front sight adjustment, now it's a laser. Shot Schofield magnums - 230g TC's over 9g Unique.

The 27-2 is ACCURATE! OMG! Apparently whoever owned it never used it. Perfect bore and cylinders, clean! Not much sign of use overall. I intend to change that.

Shot only a cylinder of homemade 38Spl's. Mostly 160 cast SWC and 170g cast SWC over unpublishable amounts of W296. Safe, but old school.

Then just to round things out, I brought the 627-0 to compare to the 5" 27-2. Other than weight up front, pretty much the same feel. Sights are better on the 627. I had a lime green insert made for the front sight and of course the WO on the rear is nice.

So, no pics today - but - as soon as the Kurac's arrive there will be and I'll make sure to post 'em up here.
I'll include the 627-0 as well. The lovely and talented Mrs. Twig has the table set for Easter, so that will make a nice setting, Easter with protection.

On a side note, when I was reloading the batch of .357 160g we used today, somehow I let a 38Spl into the brass. Never noticed it until my friend pulled the trigger and a soft pop was heard. He stopped, I took the revolver and noticed the bullet made it 2/3 of the way down the pipe. Sub loads of W296 are not a good idea.

Apparently the shorter 38 case didn't work the powder bar on my Dillon enough to make the right load.

WHOOPS!

Powder everywhere, but a few smacks with my aluminum cleaning rod with a small hammer and out she popped, no harm done, except to my pride.

So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

·
Premium Member
5,327 Posts
The 30 day California consignment wait was up Tuesday, so guess who was first in the door to pick up their 27-2... anybody...?
Ooo...Ooo...Ooo......I know this one...I know this one!!! Pick Me!!!!

Congrats Twig! Those California waiting periods would just about be enough to drive me insane, but the old saying holds true....good things are worth waiting for. I'm surprised your Limey friend didn't try to talk you into resurrecting the Lend-Lease Program.

Looking forward to seeing it in it's Easter finery.

Roe

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Until your pix are posted, I'll help a brother out...here's my 27-2 6", with Herrett's. Kurac's stocks are awesome.
Bob

That is just sexy!!!!

·
Registered
919 Posts
I love my S&W revolvers they are the best revolver often imatated never duplicated. Widow

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.