Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been to the range twice since my last post. For a $250 gun it sure shoots nice.
Some acceptable groups at 100 yards but need to be inproved. These old eyes and open sights need more practice.Shot up a box of 20 each time out.
My son went along the second time out and shot smaller group than I did. So now he loves this gun also. But his eyes are 33 years newer than mine.
Thinking of Fire Sights. Would like a scope but I think there are guys on this forum that would hunt me down if I drilled the receiver in this old gun.
It sure shoots sweet for being over 65 years old.

If I want a scope, I'll have to get another Marlin - wife says I can't sell this one... :D ...life is good.

·
Registered
12 Posts
sounds like you have a keeper for sure! im sure that if you look around, you can find one thats already tapped for a scope. thats what i did. now its being refinished to give to the lil lady.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Midnight,

For sights think of ghost ring aperture and post front. Make sure the aperture opening is .180 or greater. Make sure the width of the front post is .100 or greater.

In May I'll be 70 years old. I can see in clear focus a front sight of .125 width. .100 width is just a click fuzzy but usable. Go with a post front in order to get a good index of elevation. You don't get that with a bead.

XO sights make a good combination of ghost ring rear and post front sights.

HTH

SM

1 - 3 of 3 Posts