Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
;D First off, Y'all keep a retired fool with nothing to do very busy, with readin' and demands of Range Reports, request for pictures...LOL

Disclaimer legal Mumbo Jumbo: Okay I'm getting old and my eyes are not what they use to be, at least according to those who treat this victim of Marlinitis, So I have to use Bright Pink Duct Tape to properly focus on the target with these tiny peep sights, so don't hold that against me. ::) I enjoyed my McDonalds Sausage McMuffin with Hash Browns and a Large Dr. Pepper...(Okay what did I leave out?) LOL

All targets shot today 07/07/2011 between 0830-0900 hrs, in Emmett, Idaho, elev. 2,555 feet. Cloudy with wind 3 mph SSW, Temperature:57 degrees, Barom. 29.96 Steady in., Dew Pt. 52 Degrees, Humid. 47%. I utilized my arm as support from a bench with a sand bag as arm support and distance was 25 yards. These shot to point of aim.

First target 4 shot group using Hornady Leverrevolution 160 gr. FTX.

Second target, 6 shot group using home brew, Laser Cast TruShot 170 Gr. RNFPGC, with 23.5 grains of H335, Winchester Large Rifle Primers, loaded with Redding dies. I had to hold appoximatelytwo inches high to get those near center..

BOTH rounds rang the Gong at 165 yards every time with proper sight adjustment.

(Okay I have to go do laundry...LOL)

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Nice groups. Glad to see that some are retired and busy going to the range and shooting and having all of the fun. :( ;)

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
Bright Pink Duct Tape???? You're okay KS ... I'd wear Victoria Secret pink thong undies if it helped me shoot tighter groups because of age related issues.

Good shootin' ...

bjm

·
Premium Member
9,465 Posts
bigjeepman said:
Bright Pink Duct Tape???? You're okay KS ... I'd wear Victoria Secret pink thong undies if it helped me shoot tighter groups because of age related issues.

Good shootin' ...

bjm
That's a picture I don't want to think about. ;D

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
.DIRTY-.THIRTY said:
Good shooting Kid!! Beware BJM and Brian, Those lacey thongs will string your group up the middle ;D ;D .DT
Hmmmmm, DT, how do you know that? ??? :eek: ;D DP

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
KS, looks to me like that one is pretty well dialed in. Nice shooting there. I know what you mean about needing all the help you can get when it comes to vision, got a set of geezer eyes myself. Y'all tgake care, John.

·
Premium Member
2,537 Posts
Bigjeepman - I have to agree with Brian, the mental image of your statement brought on a full body shudder!!

DIRTY-THIRTY - a second shudder !!

Kid Sopris - I live in a small town and was wondering where do you go to find pink duct tape? I've seen silver, green, camouflage, desert tan but I can't remember ever seeing pink. That is good shooting by the way. Too, don't forget when at McDonald's ask for the "senior" coffee (or Dr Pepper). Save enough to almost pay for a McDouble shenandoah

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shenandoah said:
Bigjeepman - I have to agree with Brian, the mental image of your statement brought on a full body shudder!!

DIRTY-THIRTY - a second shudder !!

Kid Sopris - I live in a small town and was wondering where do you go to find pink duct tape? I've seen silver, green, camouflage, desert tan but I can't remember ever seeing pink. That is good shooting by the way. Too, don't forget when at McDonald's ask for the "senior" coffee (or Dr Pepper). Save enough to almost pay for a McDouble shenandoah

WALMART has pink Tape...and for those inclined to wear thongs..You might wander towards the ladies section....TMI LOL ;D

·
Registered
871 Posts
A very short thread highjack on duct tape:

Apparently duct tape has become very fashionable. I hear it now comes in a wide variety of colors and patterns including dayglo and zebra stripes.

For those of you more interested in utility than fashion, I can personally recommend Gorilla Glue duct tape. This stuff will stick to anything and is extremely tough. Much better than the original and it even come in handy smaller size rolls.

Sorry for the highjack, please go back to your discussion of thongs and range reports. ;D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts