Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may look like my first post but isn't. I had signed up back in the 'lost days'. I have been tinkering with a new TALO ltd 35 for the last couple of months. Over that time I gathered up Rem, Fed, and Win ammo and ran about 250 rounds thru it. My eyes are old and couldn't handle the factory sights so I went with a Leupold 2.5x compact. It helped the accuracy but I just couldn't stand the carbine with it on it so off it came and was replaced with XS ghost rings which I have used on several other rifles. With that ammo and my eyes I was shooting about 4 inches at 100 yards. Got some new Hornady ammo and went to the range during recent cold weather. The Hornady ammo immediately cut the group size in half as long as the barrel was cool. The bullet looked much like the 200 Hornady I like in my 358 (except for the red tip) so this looks like my SE Oklahoma whitetail load. Lots of time for more tuning of the 35 before 2006 deer season. Maybe a hog???

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Glad its working for you..

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Hi ikeni,

Are you talking about the new LeverEvolution ammo?

Thanks.
Mad

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have not shot a factory round out of my 35 LTD yet. I've had best accuracy results with Benchmark and Varget. I've used mostly 200 grain Remington Core-lokt bullets. Here's a couple of my better loads/groups shot off the bench at 100 yards.

The rifle seems to average about 2" at 100 yards, sometimes better, sometimes worse. I have a 2X7 Leupold mounted on it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mad,
Yep, I got two boxes from Midway, shot one, and have ordered some more. The groups are not quite as good as the photos above from GLC but close to it with the XS ghost ring sights. I hope to do a little better after tuning the rifle some.

G

·
Don't have a 35 LTD , but I do have a 336D. The twist should be the same so I'm hoping the new Hornady round will shoot well in it . I have two boxes but haven't had time to try them yet :?

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
New Trigger

I have gotten about the same results and have decided the rifle will shoot much better than 2.0" groups at 100yds. I am putting a Wild West 3lb trigger in it and will post results later. Now that we have an ammo that will reach out further I might as well make the 30-30 shoot better.

fknipfer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts