Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Very nice! I describe the Camp Carbine as a Ruger 1022 on steriods.....

How's the trigger? Heavy with a little creep? If you take the sear out and use some rouge or polishing compound (NO FILES or you will be sorry) just to take the roughness out on the end that contacts the trigger IMHO it can be marked improvement.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fun, fun, fun! ;D

Love the 21# main spring!

Trigger feels like a heavy 2-stage; but I found the break point pretty soon. The Millet scope is so-so; lots of light, and sturdy; but I had to move the magnification up to 2x from 1.5x in order to get it to focus. On the other hand, the crosshairs adjusted quickly and stayed put after the first shot.

Found a setting where I'm 3" high at 50 yds, and 4" low at 100 yds. So hold to the bottom of the bull at 50, and the top of the bull at 100.

Not afraid to !gently! polish; can use a hone too, if needed. But so far, the trigger group disassembly intimidates me a bit.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And I like your comparison to the 10/22.

Do you think enough Camp Carbine owners would be interested in a CC version of those neat 10/22 laminated stocks from Boyds in order to convince them (Boyds) to tool up for a run?

·
Registered
649 Posts
Ray, the trigger group disassembly is a brease - it is the RE assembly that requires some fortitude and the correct size pins to hold the parts in place while you push through the side plate. Every one needs a hobby....... ;D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mush said:
(...) it is the RE assembly that requires some fortitude
I am FILLED with confidence now :).

Actually, I know I gotta do it. I do wish though, Marlin had thought of metal injected molding the trigger housing. Or lost wax.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Ray, I can do it!! and my father told me that the older I get, the dumber I am.....

But really look at the pictures in this fourm and take your time. It is not that hard. It took me about 4 tries until I figured it out and now I can re-assemble in about 5 minutes.

·
Registered
702 Posts
ray you can use different diameter nails as assembly pins. while you have it down remove the magazine safety and replace the 'forked' shaped piece on the trigger pin with correct sized washer with a flat filed on the edge to fit.
this does help the 'griity' feel a bit.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, I now have a mixed box of nails, and am filled with confidence. I will tackle the trigger group this weekend!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Done! Having the guide printed out and on hand was a help. May have swapped a few spring positions, but it dry-functions with snapcaps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts