Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of us who participated in Ranch Dog's postal match we know it was great fun comparing results with each other. For those who did not participate and for the new readers and posters I encourage you to get out those marvelous Marlins and give it a whirl.

The following link will take you to the rules and competition targets:

http://www.shootersforum.com/forumdisplay.htm?f=72

Give it a look. Though my own scores were not very impressive last year, the competition brought all the participants together in an almost tangible way.

Feel free to "Private Message" me with any questions you may have. I'll try to answer them promptly.

SS

G

·
Yep,

RD's Postal Match 2 is sure not for computer statements of sub MOA. the pics show the real deal. :mrgreen:

Dave :lol:

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Anonymous said:
Yep,

RD's Postal Match 2 is sure not for computer statements of sub MOA. the pics show the real deal. :mrgreen:

The login gremlin got me again!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
From The Beartooth Shooters Forum under Leverguns:

"Spring will soon be in the air and there is no better way to be outdoors than spending that time at the shooting range. So grab your rifle, ammo, and ear plugs because it's time to shoot Ranch Dog's Postal Match II!

Beartooth Bullets is our most gracious host this year and progress during the match can be monitored right in the comfort of your own home on these pages.

This year, the match is open to any leveraction centerfire rifle. If you haven't shot a postal match, it's really quite easy. Open the Rules and print a copy. They are pretty easy to understand because there really isn't many of them. If you have any questions, ask right here on this forum.

You will also need to open the Target and print it. It will take a bit to upload the file depending on your connection. You should consider saving the target to your computer so that you can print as many as you need or want to submit. Just click on the the save "disk" on your tool bar. Both the Rules and Target files require Adobe Reader®, it's free and if you need a copy click on the underlined text.

Once the target has been shot, make sure all the information is complete on the face of the target. ON THE BACK OF THE TARGET, add your name, email and snail mail address. The face of the target might be displayed on this web site and RD doesn't want your personal info posted.

As our sponsor Beartooth Bullets will award prizes for top shots. RD's Hondo Creek Ranch will also award a random prize for each category. The winner will be drawn from targets submitted. So... shoot often and submit your targets no matter if the individual target is better than the last. More about the prizes in a subsequent topic once the shooting starts.

If you shot in RD's Post Match I, there are a few changes. The target is a target rather than a post card. Hopefully this will aid the sight picture. As the emphasis on my shoot is on practice for the upcoming hunting season, the 5-shot groups will be measured from the center of the target.

Your participation is appreciated!"

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
VTDW,
Get out and get shootin, havent seen your targets yet...those hogs you blasted dont count :lol: :wink:

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Yeah,

I guess my not so veiled challenge needs to be followed up with some shootin myself. :mrgreen:

I'll be there. Been WINDY and raining and I am having knee surgery on Thursday so I will be a little while.

Dave :)

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
VTDW,
Hope all goes well with the surgery. You will need someone to bail your lawn while you are laid up :lol: Heres to a short recovery time, and lots of shooting after wards! Take care.

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Big Medicine,

Maybe Annabelle could come over and yard sit for a couple of weeks?? :lol:

·
Registered
336 Posts
big medicine said:
VTDW,
Hope all goes well with the surgery. You will need someone to bail your lawn while you are laid up :lol: Heres to a short recovery time, and lots of shooting after wards! Take care.
I second that emotion.

Referring to your signature: I'm sure you will be up and running, down hill, in know time! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bump! Get those levers to the range and participate in some friendly competition! My targets are on the way to Ranch Dog...

·
Registered
154 Posts
Only two weeks left! ... we just tossed our two targets into the hat - maybe a marlin or two can best the rest??

BTT

do shoot straight,
greg

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Surgery done and rehabed well. Thanks for the encouragement.

Targets shot and entered in 30 cal scoped factory ammo and 40 cal scoped factory ammo, and maybe I can get out to shoot one more time one more time in the next two weeks.

Dave :)

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
I hope to get out my self once more. If not I should have some loads for the 30-30 for next year 8)

G

·
My plan was to get some 30 cal open sight targets entered before the deadline but something happened yesterday which may change that.

I've been retired since April, enjoying every minute of it, losing weight by being active (walking), had a medical exam this week and everything checks out OK and now this happens. My old employer wants me to come back, on my terms, to instruct employees doing electronic printing composition. This will be a major decision for me and one of the factors influencing this decision will be medical insurance payments. Right now, I'm paying ins. for my wife & myself and believe me, it isn't cheap! That check would cover a new Marlin CB plus every month! I could be on Ranch Dog's 12 month plan if it weren't for paying medical insurance.

So, I'm up early today, mulling over the options.

·
Premium Member
5,222 Posts
Steelbanger, You sound like my dad. He tried retirement, but enjoyed work too much. He still works part time (he's 78. ) He is still vital, pursues his hobby's and is a strapping older fella. He enjoys life, but still feels like production means he's alive. It also gives him some spending money he wouldn't normally allow himself. As long as you have some control and call the shots, I'd say go for it. :p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts