Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning to you 41 mag shooters.
As the title says that mould is now in stock. I ordered one yesterday and there were 42 still available. Heavy 41 Mag bullet moulds just do not pop up often.
I have been shooting a custom 265 gr gc bullet in my CCL. It is far superior to any 240 grainer in penetration and "Wack" on target. Recoil is no more than a 44 mag or 45 colt with a 265.
I plan on trying this new 255 in my 414 Supermag also next time up.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I got one of Ranch Dogs plain based molds last year (same as this one without the GC). Ranch Dog says that he can make this mold also plain based or 3 plain/3 GC. I haven't got a chance to cast with mine since I got it as I'm still down range.

CD

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
How can I get more info. on this mold ? how, when, where, price to buy, profile, meplat, nose to groove length and such?

I would like to cast my own and that is a nice size bullet that I like to use. I have used 250, 255, 265, and 280 . but I think the 255 gr in cast performance is a good all around bullet in the load I shoot.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Combat Diver is corect on the handles... you will need to purchase a Lee 6 cavity handle from Lee... They are listed as a Sponser Dealer here at Marlin. But if you are going into cast .. I highly recommend it.. the handles will be useful for many moulds in the future. They are reasonably inexpensive unless you just buy the handles and get the whole shipping cost plopped on the handles alone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts